#4643 - Monday, July 2, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2012
      #4643 - Monday, July 2, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      There are no conditions to fulfil. There is nothing to be done, nothing to be given
      up. Just look and remember, whatever you perceive is not you, nor yours. It is
      there in the field of consciousness, but you are not the field and its contents,
      nor even the knower of the field. It is your idea that you have to do things that
      entangles you in the results of your efforts - the motive, the desire, the failure
      to achieve, the sense of frustration - all this holds you back. Simply look at
      whatever happens and know that you are beyond it.
      - Nisargadatta Maharaj
      via Along The Way

      "What, then, constitutes the path? It is simply holding to one's own place in the
      immediacy of one's own situation. What constitutes realization? It is simply
      understanding correctly one's own true nature as the fundamental nature of
      reality. What constitutes freedom? It is awakening to inherently enlightened
      being in one's own true nature. Exerting effort otherwise, conceiving of the
      state of freedom and the environment of freedom as something else, one is
      extremely confused. Since in ultimate reality no context exists upon which to
      base the slightest speculation concerning the goal, there is the absence of
      speculation, another doorway to liberation."
      - Dudjom Lingpa
      From the book, "Buddhahood Without Meditation,"
      published by Padma Publishing
      via Daily Dharma

      If you're wise, be foolish.
      If you can see, squint.
      Though you can hear, sit
      dumb as an old rock.
      Whatever anyone says,
      listen and agree.
      This is a friendly practice,
      and it leads to some truth.
                         - Lalla
                          14th Century North Indian mystic
      From "Naked Song"
      Versions by Coleman Barks
      via Along The Way

      The Lion's Roar is the fearless proclamation that any state of mind, including the
      emotions, is a workable situation, a reminder in the practice of meditation. We
      realize that chaotic situations must not be rejected. Nor must we regard them as
      regressive, as a return to confusion. We must respect whatever happens to our
      state of mind. Chaos should be regarded as extremely good news.
      - Chogyam Trungpa
      From the book, "The Myth of Freedom and the Way of Meditation,"
      published by Shambhala