#4633 - Thursday, June 21, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2012
      #4633 - Thursday, June 21, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      All that is necessary to awaken to yourself as the radiant
      emptiness of spirit, is to stop seeking something more or better
      or different, and turn your attention inward to the awake
      silence that you are.
      ~ Adyashanti
      How do I integrate spirituality into my everyday life?
      Throw out the concept of " spiritual life" and " everyday life".
      There is only life undivided and whole.
      ~ Adyashanti
      Great Spangled Fritillary On Lantana Blossom
      by Peter Shefler
      Years are needed before the sun
      working on a Yemeni rock
      can make a bloodstone.
      Months must pass before cotton seed
      can provide s seamless shroud.
      Days go by before a handful of wool becomes a halter rope.
      Decades it takes a child
      to change into a poet.
      And civilizations fall and are ploughed under
      to grow a garden on the ruins,
      the true mystic.
                                ~ Sanai
      Colman Barks translation from
      "The Hands of Poetry"
      The Rescue Remedy (Ruby-Throated Hummingbird in a Trance, Halcyon Gardens, Pennsylvania
      by Peter Shefler
      The first lesson to learn is to resign oneself to the little difficulties in life, not
      to hit out at every- thing one comes up against. If one were able to manage this
      one would not need to cultivate great power; even one's presence would be
      healing. Such a person is more precious than the branch of the rose, for that
      has many thorns but only a few flowers.
      ~ Hazrat Inayat Khan
      via Along The Way
      Snowy Egret Fishing From Rocks ~ Miles River, Far Away Point, Maryland
      by Peter Shefler
      Even if you go through all the stages of a BodhisattvaÂ’s progress towards
      Buddhahood, one by one; when at last, in a single flash, you attain to full
      realization, you will only be realizing the Buddha-Nature which has been within
      you all the time; and by all the foregoing stages you will have added nothing at
      all. You will come to look upon those aeons of work and achievement as no
      better than unreal actions performed in a dream. That is why the Buddha said:
      "I truly attained nothing from complete, unexcelled Enlightenment."
      ~ Rinzai Zen master Huang-Po
      The Zen Teachings of Huang Po: On the Transmission of Mind

      Monarch Butterfly Caterpillar on Milkweed Leaves, Halcyon Gardens, Pennsylvania
      by Peter Shefler
      If You Want
      By Dorothy Walters
      (1928 - )
      If you want to feel
      the sweet light
      flow over your body,
      then give yourself to light.
      If you want
      to taste the secret honey,
      you must allow your throat
      to open.
      Moth to candle,
      straw to flame,
      you are nothing but
      materials for burning.
      -- from The Ley Lines of the Soul: Poems of Ecstasy and Ascension
      Looking Up ~ Antelope Canyon, Arizona
      by Peter Shefler

      A Ritual To Read To Each Other
      If you don't know the kind of person I am
      and I don't know the kind of person you are
      a pattern that others made may prevail in the world
      and following the wrong god home we may miss our star.
      For there is many a small betrayal in the mind,
      a shrug that lets the fragile sequence break
      sending with shouts the horrible errors of childhood
      storming out to play through the broken dyke.
      And as elephants parade holding each elephant's tail,
      but if one wanders the circus won't find the park,
      I call it cruel and maybe the root of all cruelty
      to know what occurs but not recognize the fact.
      And so I appeal to a voice, to something shadowy,
      a remote important region in all who talk:
      though we could fool each other, we should consider--
      lest the parade of our mutual life get lost in the dark.
      For it is important that awake people be awake,
      or a breaking line may discourage them back to sleep;
      the signals we give--yes or no, or maybe--
      should be clear: the darkness around us is deep.
      ~ William Stafford
      (The Way It Is)