#4627 - Saturday June 16, 2012

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2012

      Nonduality Highlights (Justin's Nutritious Groat Clusters and Other Nondigestable Tasty Treats) Issue #4627, Saturday, June 16, 2012

      No Way by Ram Tzu

      You want your purveyors of Truth
      To look and act special.

      You want them different
      And separate
      And powerful.

      You prefer to imagine them
      Cloaked in light
      Than sitting on the toilet.

      You like them passionless, sexless, Mellow, gentle and kind.

      You like the idea of miracles
      And will invent them when necessary.

      Your strategy is to keep them
      Out there
      Far away from you
      Exotic and mysterious.

      You revel in the myth
      Of the Enlightened individual
      Hoping to someday be so empowered.

      What you can't tolerate
      Is for them to appear
      As ordinary as you.

      Ram Tzu knows this

      You always miss the Truth
      Because it is too plain to see.

      Ram Tzu knows this. . .

      You have tasted ecstasy
      Drunk deeply of its nectar.

      So you embrace it
      Or reject it.

      What does it matter?

      Addict or ascetic
      You are caught in the web
      Of your own ego.

      The harder you struggle
      The more surely you call the spider.

      - Ram Tzu

      NDM: So where has all this intense suffering brought you to? Do you feel healed, whole and complete or is there something still missing?

      Vicki Woodyard: These days I am at peace. Wholeness is my experience. Ups and downs arise from within like the heartbeats on a monitor, the experience of thoughts rising and falling away. All great teachers say the same thing in different ways, "I am. Vernon Howard once said he gave the same talk just using different words. As a writer, that is what I am now doing.

      If anything is missing, I chalk it up to the fact that I have momentarily fallen asleep. Having a sense of humor is a great help to me. As I said on my website, "Every guru is trailing toilet paper on his shoe." I have stepped in enough "you-know-what" (Ed note... groat clusters...) to not mind it so much anymore. That is the way of the warrior. You just plow ahead until you reach the still point.

      Ultimately nothing is missing, but Lord knows, we have heard that enough times. Hearing it intellectually is one thing. Living it from the heart is quite another. Living it from wholeness demands a surrender that arises from rock bottom.

      - Vicki Woodyard, Excerpt from Interview with non duality magazine.

      Tribute to Ram Txu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8InPJYj7Vs

      This Is It (Charlie Hayes) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abq9OvHM9To&feature=related

      Wayne Liquorman Total Acceptance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d2mR2Dje1E&feature=related

      There is no object external to the self. What you call the object is self itself. Let us take the example of a dream in which a tiger chases a man. He runs in fear and finally climbs up a tree. The tree, the tiger, the chase, etc., are all a projection of his own mind and his dream-personality also is a process of his mind. So the one mind becomes everyone of these in the dream. It is subjective as well as objective. This is what is happening in the waking condition also; and, even as the one single mind became all objects in the dream, the universal mind has become all these external objects around here even in waking life. They are nothing but the universal mind ultimately.

      - Swami Krishnananda from Facets of Spirituality compiled by S. Bhagyalakshmi

      In the ninth century, there was a Tibetan king named Langdarma who tried to eradicate the Dharma in Tibet.He destroyed many temples and tried to stamp out the Dharma,but he did not succeed.

      The lineages of the Dharma and instructions were preserved through that period.If we look at recent history, there was the cultural revolution in Tibet. But even during the cultural revolution, the Dharma did not disappear. They destroyed temples, tore down statues, and burned sacred texts, but the lineage of the Dharma was not lost.

      That lineage of the Dharma still exists and you as a Dharma practitioner have the great fortune to read these teachings.You have the opportunity to practice and should remember this great fortune.

      - Khenchen Thrangu from Vivid Awareness, posted to DailyDharms.