#4620 - Friday, June 8, 2012 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2012
      #4620 - Friday, June 8, 2012 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      This issue features some more from the Science and Nonduality Conference (SAND) 2012 in Doorn, The Netherlands. You may wish to attend next year, from May 29 to June 2, 2013, in Doorn. Registration is discounted at 345 Euros until July 1, 2012. If you are interested, send your request here:

      This October 24-29, 2012, the U.S.A. SAND is being held in San Rafael, California. It is a breathtakingly overwhelming experience. Immerse yourself in it for a unique experience of satsang as community.

      The SAND will also be held in Pune, India, in February 2013, so stay tuned for that announcement. From what the co-organizers said, apparently you will be picked up at the airport and offered accommodations at a university dormitory. Meals will be available too.

      Photos and Facebook stuff about the conference can be accessed here:

      Manduality

      Photo from the panel discussion entitled Taking Nonduality Seriously. Left to right: Puppetji, Jerry, David Ellzey, Tim Freke, Jeff Foster, Paul Smit. Photo by existential detective Hans Tibben.

      We were criticized for having no women on the panel. Near the end of the discussion, the women displaced the guys with Vera de Chalambert leading the charge. Then the women were criticized for taking a masculine approach toward knocking us guys off our pedestal. No photos of that though!

      Here's a better shot of Jeff, with David Ellzey showing an audience member how to be a mime. Photo by Hans Tibben.

      Here are the primary organizers and love-spirit of SAND, Maurizio and Zaya Benazzo. Following the conference circuit with Maurizio and Zaya is as close as I've ever come to following a charismatic leader. It just so happens that our visions for nonduality are very similar. So I guess I'm really following the vision for nonduality established in the late 90s. But I'm also following these guys around:

      Photo: Zaya and Maurizio Bennazzo. Photo by Hans Tibben.

      I want to mention a couple of Amsterdam bookstores that support Nonduality and Advaita literature.

      Wanuskéwin is a - body mind spirit- bookshop, situated in the Pijp neighborhood in Amsterdam, close to the Albert Cuypmarket. As soon as you step into the shop you’ll immediately find yourself transported from the busy street to an "oasis in the Pijp", as our regular customers call it. The name Wanuskéwin is a Cree word meaning "seeking peace of mind".

      Here you’ll find one of the largest collections of body-mind-spirit books, English as well as Dutch, in Amsterdam. Anything you might not be able to find on the shelf can be ordered and is available within a week or two. We also have a large collection of meditative and healing music, as well as incense, essential oils, crystals & semi-precious stones, tarot decks, meditation cushions, wind chimes, etc.

      Learn more here:

      http://www.wanuskewin.nl/home.htm

      Wanuskéwin hosted the conference bookstore, carrying the books and DVDs of the speakers, and providing friendly and excellent service.

      ~ ~ ~

      I also visited Au Bout du Monde, located at Singel 313, 1012 WJ Amsterdam
      Their site is http://www.auboutdumonde.nl

      The manager, Pieter, was very friendly. He loves his bookstore and the customers. What I think is amazing about this shop is that as you walk in, the entire wall on the right is dedicated to nonduality in its different forms. The books on the wall on the left are about "doing" or various spiritual activities. Therefore, there is something for everyone. Significantly, this store has been in business since 1970, so they know exactly what books to order in each genre. Most or many of them are in Dutch. Here's a photo of the bookstore:

      My host in the Netherlands was Anamika. She should be a tour guide. She's definitely a friend. I think she is an emerging teacher too. I believe it is the obvious direction for her. I've been featuring Anamika's writings in recent issues and here is one related to the conference, which she attended:

      Necessary?

      Awareness is all there is,  is what we are.
      Does not need anything,  as it is whole and complete.

      But for the sake of joy, for the sake of celebration its inventing for instance
      conferences to happen.

      Recognizing itself in all and everything.

      In the quantum scientists who discover that emptiness is the base of all,
      as 99,9999999999999 % is empty space when matter is looked at,
      and who try to tell us about it.

      In the young man who only 2 months ago, while reading about Non Duality
      finally found an explanation for his 'strange' condition. He came with so much
      fire and passion to know.

      In the enthusiasm and openness of the young assistants helping with the organisation.

      In the laughter and the sharing in between the session.

      In the wonderful performances and movies who brought all who watched,
      to tears, or gratitude and wonder.

      The publishers,  the filmmakers, the seekers,  the speakers,  the organizers, the merely curious.

      Someone asked:
       'Why do we need these conferences? Are they necessary?.'

      How can we judge that?
      And from where does this question arise?

      Does the fact that they happen not indicate that they are necessary.
      After all they take place.
      It could not have been any other way.
      And they are soo much fun.
      Celebrating.
      Just happening..
      Just This.

      The wild geese do not intend to cast their reflection.
      The water has no mind to receive their image.
                                                                                     Zenrin Kushu

      ~ ~ ~

      See Anamika's photos and read her blog at http://noname-allthereis.blogspot.ca/