#4611 - Monday, May 28, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2012

      #4611 - Monday, May 28, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -

      There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart.
      ~Celia Leighton Thaxter

      It is a great relief to realize that in this undivided happening, there is no
      perfection apart from the imperfection, that the light and the dark arise
      together like the crest and trough of the wave, that they cannot be pulled
      apart, and to appreciate the holiness of everything, exactly as it is, warts and
      all. The firm conviction that I know what’s best for the universe seems
      thankfully to be evaporating. And when it does show up, it has more of an
      endearing quality – oh look, there goes Joan doing her little dance of concern
      again.

      From Joan Toliffson's forthcoming book 'Nothing to Grasp'.
      For publication this summer by Non-Duality Press.

      Let your actions be like clouds going by; the clouds going by are mindless.
      Let your stillness be as the valley spirit; the valley spirit is undying.
      When action accompanies stillness and stillness combines with action,
      then the duality of action and stillness no longer arises.
      ~Pei-chien

      via Tony Cartledge

      photo by Alan Larus

      A Place of Refuge

      "Perhaps the most important thing we bring to another person is the silence in
      us, not the sort of silence that is filled with unspoken criticism or hard
      withdrawal. The sort of silence that is a place of refuge, of rest, of
      acceptance of someone as they are. We are all hungry for this other silence.
      It is hard to find. In its presence we can remember something beyond the
      moment, a strength on which to build a life. Silence is a place of great power
      and healing."
      ~Rachel Naomi Remen
      from
      via Daily Dharma

      photo by Alan Larus

      Really there is nothing to understand. Being what you really are is happening;
      that can not be stopped or started. What you are is beyond all of this.
      Nothing to work out any more perhaps; let the fragrance of what you are
      arise and dissolve any tendency to imagine you are other than the essence of
      all that IS.
      ~Jac O'Keeffe