#4609 - Saturday, May 26, 2011

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2012

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4609, Saturday, May 26, 2011

      If we talk of knowing the Self, there must be two selves, one a knowing self, another the self which is known, and the process of knowing. The state we call realisation is simply being oneself, not knowing anything or becoming anything. If one has realised, one is that which alone is and which alone has always been. One cannot describe that state. One can only be that. Of course, we loosely talk of Self-realisation, for want of a better term. How to 'real-ise' or make real that which alone is real?

      - Sri Ramana Maharshi from Be As You Are - The Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi,, edited by David Godman, posted to AlongTheWay

      You as the knower of the body and the mind are apart from both. You as BEINGNESS are that which always is, irrespective of body and mind.

      We consider ourselves to be the presence only of what we appear to be, but what we appear to be is only the costume, the persona put on by what lies underneath. We are the presence of an absence we are unable to perceive and of which we know nothing. So we call it a "void", and we avoid it.

      There is a silence between breaths

      There is a silence between breaths
      when the heart becomes a sacred flame
      and the belly uncoils which reminds me
      how remarkable it is to wake
      beside you another day.

      Between deaths we dreamed together
      between breaths, in that stillness,
      which has joined us ever since.

      In that first breath
      we step onto the dance floor,
      and waltz unnoticed through the void.
      The sacred everywhere we turn
      and turn again, as form so generously dissolves
      and only the Beloved remains.

      In this moment which lasts a lifetime
      there is nowhere to stand
      where you are not beside me
      where you do not accompany me within.

      ~ Stephen Levine, posted to allspirit

      You are that vast thing
      that you see far, far off
      with great telescopes.

      But we try to pretend, you
      see, that the external
      world exists altogether
      independently of us.

      You and I are all as much
      continuous with the physical
      universe as a wave is continuous
      with the ocean.

      You don't look out there for God,
      something in the sky,
      you look in you.

      So then, the relationship of self to
      other is the complete realisation
      that loving yourself is impossible
      without loving everything defined
      as other than yourself.

      - Alan Watts, posted to The_Now2

      If you dare to give your heart, your soul, your mind, your body, and your life, unconditionally, to what you discover to be true, you will know an infinitely deep and abiding peace that has never been even a breath away.

      This bliss, this tranquility depends on nothing, and It is not capable of ending. Furthermore, it doesn't make a bit of difference what you've ever done... or not done. You can put an end to the battle. Yes, that's correct, just walk right out of the war, right now. All you have to do is surrender, absolutely and completely, not to me, not to some authority figure, or some organization or institution, but surrender only to your own deepest Purity.

      God and your own Unbounded Love are not different. If you truly give yourself up completely, it will shock your whole system. It will suddenly dawn on you,

      "Oh my God, what a fool I've been! What was I thinking?"

      Then the absolute insanity of giving yourself to anything else will become apparent. Why wait? Why put off your own complete and total liberation? In your innermost and outermost places, in every single moment, Love waits for you everywhere. Is there really something else you would rather do? Is it possible that the thing that you fear the most, the thing that you avoid the most, is what you truly desire the most? It cannot abandon you. Even if you choose to ignore It, betray It and walk away, It is always closer than your next breath. Suspend all opinion and debate, and find out for yourself.

      - Scott Morrison from There Is Only Now, posted to The_Now2

      Soul of all souls, life of all life
      you are That.
      Seen and unseen, moving and unmoving
      you are That.
      The road that leads to the City is endless;
      Go without head or feet
      and you'll already be there.
      What else could you be? -
      you are that.

      - Rumi, translation by Jonathan Star, from In the Arms of the Beloved, posted to AlongTheWay