#4608 - Friday, May 25, 2012 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2012
       #4608  - Friday, May 25, 2012 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      This is an excerpt from Suzanne Foxton's original article on Awakening Clarity.  Please join us to read the entire column.

      THE SEARCHING ENDS NOW.  there is nothing to find but what is. There is nothing that needs to happen but what is happening. There is nothing new to know that will bring further revelation. There are so many fascinating, moving, absorbing stories which cannot yet be enjoyed, for they have too much of the burden of redemption upon them. Redemption is here, now, for there is only here and now, and infinite immediate possibility. You are not that small thing, the constructed identity named Felicity or Gerald, charged with the impossible tasks of perfect life or perfect love. You are what perfect life and perfect love emerges from; simple knowing, pure being, absolute awareness, bare sentience. That which looks, looks for itself, and it is everywhere; it is everything.

      Scott Kiloby's Reflections of the One Life: Daily Pointers to Enlightenment can now be found on Fred Davis' Awakening Clarity blog.  These 365 beautifully clear pointers will be published seven at a time, one for each day of the week, and will be refreshed every Sunday.  Please join us in welcoming Scott's generous gift to our community.

      Tommy

      Tommy wasn't bright
      He knew the lay of the land
      Which spot showed the cape at its best
      Changed political parties frequently
      They never understood him said he

      Best of all I loved his shack
      One room
      Short stumps for chairs
      Letters posted from summer tourists
      He had trapped

      The lady down the road bakes for him
      I don't know how he passes the hours
      Yet there are always socks on the line
      And a pole holding open his door

      -Marilyn J. Dickinson

      (This poem is from the 1993 book Into The Mist. It is currently unavailable online. In my next issue I'll be posting more about this unknown Nova Scotia author and more poems from her. Her writing reminds me of folk art. She has some very nice nondual feeling as well as you might suspect.)