#4607 - Thursday, May 24, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2012

      #4607 - Thursday, May 24, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -

      When we dance, the journey itself is the point, as when we play music the
      playing itself is the point. And exactly the same thing is true in meditation.
      Meditation is the discovery that the point of life is always arrived at in the
      immediate moment.

      ~Alan Watts

      photo by Peter Shefler

      To be a saint is to be fueled by gratitude, nothing more and nothing less.

      ~Ronald Rolheiser

      In A Dark Time
      In a dark time, the eye begins to see,
      I meet my shadow in the deepening shade;
      I hear my echo in the echoing wood—
      A lord of nature weeping to a tree.
      I live between the heron and the wren,
      Beasts of the hill and serpents of the den.
      What's madness but nobility of soul
      At odds with circumstance? The day's on fire!
      I know the purity of pure despair,
      My shadow pinned against a sweating wall.
      That place among the rocks—is it a cave,
      Or a winding path? The edge is what I have.

      A steady storm of correspondences!
      A night flowing with birds, a ragged moon,
      And in broad day the midnight come again!
      A man goes far to find out what he is—
      Death of the self in a long, tearless night,
      All natural shapes blazing unnatural light.

      Dark, dark my light, and darker my desire.
      My soul, like some heat-maddened summer fly,
      Keeps buzzing at the sill. Which I is I?
      A fallen man, I climb out of my fear.
      The mind enters itself, and God the mind,
      And one is One, free in the tearing wind.

      "In A Dark Time" by Theodore Roethke,
      from Collected Poems, © Knopf Doubleday, 1961.

      Soul of all souls, life of all life
      you are That.
      Seen and unseen, moving and unmoving
      you are That.
      The road that leads to the City is endless;
      Go without head or feet
      and you'll already be there.
      What else could you be?  --
      you are that.

      ~ Rumi
      In the Arms of the Beloved
      Translations by Jonathan Star
      Jeremy P. Tarcher/Putnam, 1997
      via Along The Way

      Time is the eternal now seen through the narrow slit of the mind.
      ~Rupert Spira

      The Support and Substance of Experience

      If our attention were now to be drawn to the screen on which these words are written, we would experience the uncanny sensation of suddenly becoming aware of something that we simultaneously realise is so obvious as to require no mention. And yet at the moment when the screen is indicated, we seem to experience something new.

      We have the strangely familiar experience of becoming aware of something which we were, in fact, already aware of. We become aware of being aware of the screen.

      The screen is not a new experience that is created by this suggestion. However, our awareness of the screen seems to be a new experience.

      Now what about the Awareness itself, which is aware of the screen? Is it not always present behind and within every experience, just as the screen is present behind and within the words on this page?

      read more:

      http://non-duality.rupertspira.com/read/the_support_and_substance_of_experience