#4603 - Saturday, May 19, 2011

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2012

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4603, Saturday, May 19, 2011

      Ego says it matters, the Supreme says
      that it does not. Even the power of decision
      is not from ego. All is the Supreme Power,
      do not attribute it to anything else because
      this only reinforces the ghosts.

      Face the One.

      - Papaji from The Truth Is, posted to AlongTheWay

      Great knowledge sees all in one.
      Small knowledge breaks down into the many.

      - Chuang Tzu, from Allspirit

      You are awareness. Awareness is another name for you. Since you are Awareness there is no need to attain or cultivate it. All that you have to do is to give up being aware of other things, that is of not-self. If one gives up being aware of them then pure awareness alone remains, and that is the Self.

      - Ramana Maharshi, from Allspirit

      You are Emptiness, the Ultimate substance: remove Emptiness out of Emptiness leaves only Emptiness because there is nothing beyond It. All rises from, dances about it, and returns to This. As Ocean rises as a wave to dance so you are this dancing Emptiness!

      Nothing is out of this Emptiness and so it is the Fullness. Emptiness is between is and is not. To be Free, you need the firm conviction that you are this Substratum, this Peace, this Emptiness.

      - Papaji, from Allspirit

      I sat there and forgot and forgot, until what remained was the river
      that went by and I who watched... Eventually the watcher joined
      the river and then there was only one of us. I believe it was the river.

      - Norman Maclean, quoted in Zen and the Brain, James H.Austin M.D., from Allspirit

      A man is wandering the marketplace at noon with a candle
      in his hand, totally ecstatic.

      "Hey," calls a shopkeeper, "is this a joke? Who are you
      looking for?" "Someone breathing

      Huu, the divine breath." "Well, there are plenty to choose from." "But I want one who

      can be in anger and desire and still be a true human being in the same moment." "A rare thing!

      But maybe you're searching among branches for what appears only in the roots."

      There's a river that turns these millstones. Human will is an
      illusion. Those who are proud

      of deciding and carrying out decisions are the rawest of
      the raw! Watch

      the thought-kettles boiling, then look down at the fire.
      God said to Job, "You

      value your patience well. Consider now that I gave you that
      patience." Don't be absorbed

      with the waterwheel's motion. Turn your head and gaze
      at the river. You say, "But

      I'm looking there already." There are several signs in eyes
      that see all the way to

      the ocean. Bewilderment is one. Those who study foam and
      flotsam near the edge

      have purposes, and they'll explain them at length! Those who
      look out to sea become the sea,

      and they can't speak about that. On the beach there's desire-singing and rage-ranting,

      the elaborate language-dance of personality, but in the waves
      and underneath there's no

      volition, no hypocrisy,  just love forming and unfolding.

      - Rumi, In the Waves and Underneath, from The Soul of Rumi: A New Collection of Ecstatic Poems by Coleman Barks