#4601 - Thursday, May 17, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2012

      #4601 - Thursday, May 17, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -

      The most beautiful people are those who have known defeat, known suffering,
      known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These
      persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that
      fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern.

      ~ Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

      “I greet you from the other side
      Of sorrow and despair
      With a love so vast and shattered
      It will reach you everywhere.”

      ~ Leonard Cohen, A Heart With No Companion

      The Other Side

      by Vicki Woodyard on May 14, 2012
      To read note:

      What are you, who are you, where is your heart?

      If you really look, you won’t find anything tangible and solid. Of course, you
      might find something very solid if you have a grudge against someone or you
      have fallen possessively in love.

      But that is not awakened heart. If you search for awakened heart, if you put
      your hand through your rib cage and feel for it, there is nothing there except
      for tenderness. You feel sore and soft, and if you open your eyes to the rest
      of the world, you feel tremendous sadness. This kind of sadness doesn’t come
      from being mistreated. You don’t feel sad because someone has insulted you or
      because you feel impoverished. Rather, this experience of sadness is
      unconditioned. It occurs because your heart is completely exposed. There is
      no skin or tissue covering it; it is pure raw meat. Even if a tiny mosquito lands
      on it, you feel so touched. Your experience is raw and tender and so personal.

      For the warrior, this experience of sad and tender heart is what gives birth
      to fearlessness. Conventionally, being fearless means that you are not afraid
      or that, if someone hits you, you will hit him back. However, we are not talking
      about that street-fighter level of fearlessness.

      Real fearlessness is the product of tenderness.

      You are willing to open up, without resistance or shyness, and face the world.”

      ~ Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche

       From the book, 'Sacred Path of the Warrior,' published by Shambhala Books.
       via Daily Dharma

      Is That So?

      "...well if I'm awareness, then I wouldn't be [insert unacceptable experience
      here]."

      Does this sound familiar? Yes. This is a veeerry common misconception
      amongst spiritual seekers, based entirely on what beliefs are being held about
      what awareness is supposed to look like.

      Here, though, the most critical error occurs right in the second word: "If." If
      I am awareness.

      Hmm.

      *** Tell me what else you could possibly be, given that WHATEVER you say
      is something that you have to be aware of?! ***

      Okay. Moving on.

      Now that you know your bottom-line, default, who-you-really-are, must be
      what is *aware,* then who is it to say you shouldn't feel crabby, miserable,
      pissed-off; in other words, that you should never experience any kind of
      resistance to anything?

      Please. If there is anything that can make me crabby, it is seeing someone who
      is totally pissed-off or miserable, but is denying it because they're
      "awareness."

      The fact is, when you know without a doubt that an illusion is an illusion, then
      you have no fear whatsoever about letting it have its moment of glory in the
      sun.

      An illusion, seen for what it is, cannot hurt anyone. So who cares?

      When you STAND AS THE SUN, it matters not what kind of cloud passes by,
      because you know all you have to do is look at it long enough and then it's
      gone.

      The stronger your light, the shorter it lingers. Including the cloud that says,
      "See? I wouldn't be having this experience if I was awareness."

      Now. Go ahead and zap that one!

      :)
      Kheyala Rasa