#4599 - Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2012
      #4599 - Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Anita Moorjani was in the last hours of her life, ravaged by cancer. Perceived by doctors and others as being in a coma, she was actually aware of everything going on around her. She came to see herself, and everyone, as love. Returning to her body, she knew she would be okay. Rapidly the tumors began to shrink and her organs reversed their shut-down mode and began to function. That was five years ago and the cancer has not returned.
      While her story is about living with cancer, it is also a confession and a pointer to one's true nature as love or awareness. This is not a confession of radical nonduality as she speaks about a center, a core, and a me. But this is a fine pointing to a livable, realizable nonduality and a suggestion that some cancers may be stimulated by living from fear and tension and healed by functioning out of relaxation and love.
      I watched the entire video and enjoyed it:

      So, yeah, The Gathering got cancelled:
      The Gathering is a spiritual Woodstock that brings together awakened teachers from all of the world’s traditions.

      The Gathering has been cancelled.
      Dear Friends,
      It is with a heavy heart that I announce the news that The Gathering has been cancelled.  Our marketing and promotion efforts were reaching a point of diminishing returns, without bringing in anywhere near enough ticket sales to make the event viable.  So the decision has been made to cease operations.
      The Gathering was a cherished vision, and I accept that the universe has affirmed it not to be in alignment with what wants to happen at this time.
      ~ ~ ~
      The organizer wrote on an earlier version of the website at http://web.archive.org/web/20101023013042/http://zoxon.com/ticket-purchases.html:
      The overall budget to produce The Gathering is US$125 million (about €100 million).  We are planning on 100,000 participants, so our minimum production expenses work out to $1250 (€1000) per person.
      Beyond the production budget, we also have an intention of making a fair profit, which will be split 50/50 between the hosts and our company.  These funds will not only reward our hosts for showering their blessings on us, they will also help us to provide ongoing teachings to the world.
      Please use all of the above factors to see what amount feels right for you.  Nobody will be turned away for financial reasons, so please choose an amount that feels like the right balance between supporting The Gathering and respecting your own finances.  You will find yourself being rewarded for your contribution many times over.
      I'll only comment on this single sentence:
      The Gathering is a spiritual Woodstock that brings together awakened teachers from all of the world’s traditions.
      First, Woodstock was spiritual. It was, and is, all about the spirit of a generation and the celebration of our innate freedom and love. The Gathering, however, was more about the opposite, with its restrictions, lack of freedom to leave the gathering, segregation of teachers and non-teachers, and its foundation in ridiculous amounts of money. Conceivably, each teacher could have received $500,000 payment in profit sharing if this business plan actually "manifest." (The organizer was asking $1770 per person, expecting 100,000 people, planning for $125,000,000 in expenses, leaving a profit of $52,000,000, of which $26,000,000 would have been divided among perhaps 50 self-realized teachers.)
      Second, the emphasis on bringing together the teachers rather than bringing together the people is, in my opinion, a mis-direction of energy and attention. The proof is that The Gathering attracted many fine teachers and no attendees.
      It makes you wonder who is more awakened, the teachers who agreed to be part of this or the seekers who realized it was all a joke.
      Goodbye Gathering. Goodbye "Awakened Teachers." Hello life.

      Scott Kiloby appearances this weekend
      In the Milt’s Place Lodge at King Pine Ski area, of Purity Spring Resort
      in East Madison, NH.  This is about 15 minutes south of Conway, NH on Route 153.
      King Pine Ski Area at Purity Spring Resort
      1251 Eaton Road, Route 153 • East Madison, New Hampshire 03849
      603.367.8896 • 800.373.3754 • fax: 603.367.8664

      Dates & Times:
      May 19 & 20, 2012
         Saturday, May 19:  7:30 - 9:00 PM  - "Finding Peace"
         Sunday, May 20:  10:00 AM - 5:00 PM  - Workshop

      Reservations for this day-long seminar can be made online at www.evergreenforwellness.org or by phoning 603-651-7475.