#4598 - Monday, May 14, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2012

      #4598 - Monday, May 14, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -

      The louder our world today is, the deeper God seems to remain in silence.
      Silence is the language of eternity; noise passes.

      ~Gertrud von Le Fort

      "All too often people come to meditation in the hope of extraordinary results,
      like visions, lights, or some supernatural miracle. When no such thing occurs,
      they feel extremely disappointed. But the real miracle of meditation is more
      ordinary and much more useful....When you realize the nature of mind, layers
      of confusion peel away. You don't actually 'become' a buddha, you simply
      cease, slowly, to be deluded. And being a buddha is not being some omnipotent
      spiritual superman, but becoming at last a true human being."

      ~Sogyal Rinpoche

      "When one realizes oneself, one realizes the essential nature of the universe.
      The existence of duality is only an illusion and when the illusion is undone, the
      primordial unity of one's own nature and the nature of the universe is
      realized, or made real."

      ~Namkhai Norbu

      "...At a certain point, when I realized that 99 percent of what people are
      doing to wake up is actually reinforcing the dream state. It’s shocking!

      You know that all the things we tell each other to calm ourselves into a totally
      deluded oblivion like, “All roads lead to God.” No, they don’t. Or “all paths
      lead to the top of the mountain.” All paths lead nowhere near the top of the
      mountain. The good ones, even the half-way decent ones, are only circling the
      bottom of the mountain. All the rest are usually going in the opposite direction
      as quickly as possible.

      Actually, all paths lead away from the truth. How’s that? There is no such
      thing as a path to the truth.

      The Truth is already here. Where are you going?"

      ~Adyashanti

      Meditation Masters on Facebook

      life is a garden,
      not a road

      we enter and exit
      through the same gate

      wandering,
      where we go matters less
      than what we notice

      ~ Bokonon

      (The Lost Book)

      S:Does 'enlightenment' come all at once or in stages?

      R: It appears to come in stages, but in truth it happens all at once  when it
      happens. Awakening happens suddenly, like when you turn  on a light bulb in
      the darkness. The darkness immediately  disappears. When you turn on your
      own light, maya, ignorance,  disappears. You are home. It happens when you
      don't want it to  happen. As long as you want it to happen there is somebody
      who  wants it to happen. That somebody has to disappear. The person  that
      wants it to happen is keeping you back. That is the personal I.  Silence is the
      best way to wake up.

       ~Robert Adams