#4592 - Monday, May 7, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2012

      #4592 - Monday, May 7, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -

      From within or from behind, a light shines through us upon things,
      and makes us aware that we are nothing, but the light is all.

      ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

      Everything is shown up by being exposed to the light, and whatever
      is exposed to the light itself becomes light.

      ~St. Paul

      You didn't come into this world.
      You came out of it,
      like a wave from the ocean.
      You are not a stranger here.

      ~Alan Watts

      via Alene Kramer

      At the end of the talk someone from the audience asked the Dalai Lama, "Why
      didn't you fight back against the Chinese?" The Dalai Lama looked down,
      swung his feet just a bit, then looked back up at us and said with a gentle
      smile, "Well, war is obsolete, you know. " Then, after a few moments, his face
      grave, he said, "Of course the mind can rationalize fighting back...but the
      heart, the heart would never understand. Then you would be divided in
      yourself, the heart and the mind, and the war would be inside you."

      His Holiness, the Dalai Lama serving the homeless in San Francisco

      "To be awake is to be unconditionally open to all that is. It is to be
      completely without prior opinion or assumption about anything. To stay
      awake is to surrender, totally, to unedited and unrestricted awareness,
      to abandon the pretense of both past and future."
      ~Scott Morrison

      via Daily Dharma

      Love causes us to be deeply connected in an unspoken way.
      It happens when we’re really available, really open.

      ~Adyashanti

      Silence

      Silence is our real nature. What we are fundamentally is only silence. Silence
      is free from beginning and end. It was before the beginning of all things. It is
      causeless. Its greatness lies in the fact that it simply is. In silence all objects
      have their home ground. It is the light that gives objects their shape and form.
      All movement, all activity is harmonized by silence. Silence has no opposite in
      noise. It is beyond positive and negative. Silence dissolves all objects.

      It is not related to any counterpart which belongs to the mind. Silence has
      nothing to do with mind. It cannot be defined but it can be felt directly
      because it is our nearness. Silence is freedom without restriction or center.
      It is our wholeness, neither inside nor outside the body.

      Silence is joyful, not pleasurable. It is not psychological. It is feeling without
      a feeler. Silence needs no intermediary.

      Silence is holy. It is healing. There is no fear in silence. Silence is autonomous
      like love and beauty.

      It is untouched by time. Silence is meditation, free from any intention, free
      from anyone who meditates.

      Silence is the absence of oneself. Or rather, silence is the absence of
      absence. Sound which comes from silence is music. All activity is creative
      when it comes from silence. It is constantly a new beginning.

      Silence precedes speech and poetry and music and all art. Silence is the home
      ground of all creative activity. What is truly creative is the word, is Truth.
      Silence is the word. Silence is Truth. The one established in silence lives in
      constant offering, in prayer without asking, in thankfulness, in continual love.

      ~Jean Klein

      via Gloria J Barrera