#4584 - Sunday, April 29, 2011

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2012

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4584, Sunday, April 29, 2011

      Mother of us all

      Mother-of-us-all prays to free us
      from our image of perfection
      to which so much suffering clings.

      When in the shadowy mind
      we imagine ourselves imperfectly,
      praying to be freed from gravity
      by enlightenment, she refines our prayers.

      Putting her arms around us
      she bids us rest our head on her shoulder
      whispering, don't you know
      with all your fear and anger
      all you are fit for is love.

      - Stephine Levine, from Breaking the Drought, posted to allspirit

      Perceptions

      For a moment I saw a beautiful moving river.
      Then a vast water with no means of crossing it.

      For a moment, I saw a bush full of opening buds.
      Then no roses, no thorns, nothing.

      For a moment I saw a busy cooking fire.
      Then no hearth, no smoke, no flame.

      I saw the great mother of kings, Kunti.
      Then, the next moment, sitting here, is
      the helpless old aunt of the potter's wife.

      - Lalla, posted to AlongTheWay

      First there is a mountain,
      Then there is no mountain,
      Then there is.

      - Donovan

      The Allman Frothers - Mountain Jam from Eat a Peach:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNuNz2idDtY

      When all the false self-identifications are thrown away, what remains is all-embracing love.

      That this entire phenomenal show of the universe has no purpose indicates the obvious futility of seeking a goal in life. No sooner is a goal conceived than spontaneity is at once destroyed and the self conscious ego takes over in destructive competition against everything that comes, thus missing all that is worthwhile in life. It is, indeed, the "purposeful" life which entirely misses out on the purpose of life! The true purposeless vision misses nothing and enjoys everything without inhibition.

      The past is long gone
      from here
      there is no way back
      how could there be