#4585 - Monday, April 30, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2012

      #4585 - Monday, April 30, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -
      All descriptions of reality are limited expressions of the world of emptiness.
      Yet we attach to the descriptions and think they are reality. That is a mistake.
      ~Shunryu Suzuki
      photo by Peter Shefler
      Clear mind is like the full moon in the sky.
      Sometimes clouds come and cover it, but the moon is always behind them.
      Clouds go away, then the moon shines brightly.
      So don’t worry about clear mind: it is always there.
      When thinking comes, behind it is clear mind.
      When thinking goes, there is only clear mind.
      Thinking comes and goes, comes and goes,
      You must not be attached to the coming or the going.
      ~Seung Sahn
      by Tom McFerran
      What is there to realize? The real is as it is always. We are not creating anything
      new or achieving something which we did not have before. We dig a well and create
      a huge pit. The space in the pit or well has not been created by us. We have just
      removed the earth which was filling the space there. The space was there then and
      is also there now. Similarly we have simply to throw out all the age-long samskaras
      [innate tendencies] which are inside us. When all of them have been given up, the
      Self will shine alone.
      The Teacher is one who knows the Truth and can transmit this Truth to a
      humble one by look, by touch, by thought, or as Arunachala does, by Silence.
      This Silence is the Light that does not move.
      "When one sees that form is empty, one realizes great wisdom and no longer dwells
      in samsara. When one sees that emptiness is form, one realizes great compassion
      and does not dwell in nirvana."
      ~Fa Zang
      A deep love and caring arises from within emptiness, from nowhere. This love and
      caring seeks only the Truth in every moment and in all circumstances. True love is
      something far greater than anything that could be called personal. True love is a
      non-personal miracle. It is the nature of reality itself. It is the natural and
      spontaneous expression of the undivided Self.
      Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places
      where other people see nothing.
      ~Camille Pissarro
      As long as this exists...
      by Anne Frank
      "As long as this exists," I thought, "and I may live to see it, this sunshine, the
      cloudless skies, while this lasts, I cannot be unhappy." The best remedy for those
      who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be
      quite alone with the heavens, nature, and God. Because only then does one feel that
      all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple
      beauty of nature. As long as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that
      then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances
      may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.
      Anne Frank, excerpt from The Diary of a Young Girl.
      photo by George Jisho Robertson