#4575 - Thursday, April 19, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2012

      #4575 - Thursday, April 19, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -

      Live Stream Retreat with Eckhart Tolle June 17-20, 2012

      Join Eckhart Tolle in his personal four-day retreat via live web streaming from
      the Omega Institute for Holistic Studies in Rhinebeck, New York, this coming
      June. From Sunday evening to Wednesday at noon EST, Eckhart will join you in
      exploring how life always has been, always is, and always will be in the now.

      Price
      $69.95 which includes the download of all of your sessions to your home computer
      after the event.For more information, and to sign up for the retreat,  click here

      You do not need to know precisely what is happening, or exactly where it is all
      going. What you need is to recognize the possibilities and challenges offered by
      the present moment, and to embrace them with courage, faith, and hope.

      - Thomas Merton

      "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more
      intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much--the wheel, New York,
      wars and so on--while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water
      having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were
      far more intelligent than man--for precisely the same reasons."

      - Douglas Adams, THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY

      "Bliss is not an experience, it is your nature. This is the Heart of the Wise. This
      Gift is always calling to everyone, ‘You are seated in the Heart of all Beings.’ This
      is the Truth: Your face shines."
      - Papaji

      Once we realize and abide in our true nature, the body, the mind and the world
      become our instruments to express and celebrate our innate understanding, our
      loving nature and our deep sensitivity to beauty.
      - Ellen Emmet

      via Emilie Unkrich

      With us, one needs to be a waking sleeper,
      that in the state of wakefulness,
      you may dream dreams.

      The thought of created things
      is an enemy to this sweet waking sleep;
      until your thought is asleep, your throat is shut,
      no mysteries can enter.

      Mystical bewilderment must sweep thought away;
      bewilderment devours thought
      and recollection of anything other than Love .

      - Rumi

      Mathnawi III: 1114-1116
      Version by Camille and Kabir Helminski

      photo by Alan Larus

      Instructions

      Give up the world; give up self; finally, give up God.
      Find god in rhododendrons and rocks,
      passers-by, your cat.
      Pare your beliefs, your absolutes.
      Make it simple; make it clean.
      No carry-on luggage allowed.
      Examine all you have
      with a loving and critical eye, then
      throw away some more.
      Repeat. Repeat.
      Keep this and only this:
         what your heart beats loudly for
         what feels heavy and full in your gut.
      There will only be one or two
      things you will keep,
      and they will fit lightly
      in your pocket.

      - Sheri Hostetler

      (A Cappella: Mennonite Voices in Poetry)

      Web version: www.panhala.net/Archive/Instructions.html