#4572 - Monday, April 16, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2012
      #4572 - Monday, April 16, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -

      Wherever you have dreamed of going, I have camped
      there, and left firewood for when you arrive.

      - Hafiz

      On a ten-thousand-story-high mountain
      my hut sits at the very top
      I shaped three Buddhas from clay
      and keep an oil lamp burning
      I ring a bell cold moonlit nights
      and brew tea with pond ice
      But ask me why Boddhidharma came east
      and I can't say a word

      - Stonehouse

      There is nothing but water in the holy pools.
      I know, I have been swimming in them.
      All the gods sculpted of wood or ivory can't say a word
      I know, I have been crying out to them.
      The sacred Books of the east are nothing but words.
      I looked through their covers one day sideways.
      What Kabir talks of is only what he has lived through.
      If you have not lived through something it is not true.

                                - Kabir

      via Along The Way

      GOD POURS LIGHT

      God
      pours light
      into every cup,
      quenching darkness.

      The proudly pious
      stuff their cups with parchment
      and critique the taste of ink

      while God pours light

      and the trees lift their limbs
      without worry of redemption,
      every blossom a chalice.

      Hafiz, seduce those withered souls
      with words that wet their parched lips

      as light
      pours like rain
      into every empty cup
      set adrift on the Infinite Ocean.

      - Hafiz

      I went everywhere with longing
      in my eyes, until here
      in my own house

      I felt truth
      filling my eyes.

      - Lalla
        14th Century North Indian mystic

      From "Naked Song"
      Versions by Coleman Barks
      via Along The Way

      I've been looking for a long, long time,
      for this thing called love,
      I’ve ridden comets across the sky,
      and I’ve looked below and above.
      Then one day I looked inside myself,
      and this is what I found,
      A golden sun residing there,
      beaming forth God’s light and sound.

      - Rumi

      via Emilie Unkrich

      As you dissolve into love, you're not thinking about loving; you're just being love,
      radiating like the sun.

      - Ram Dass
      image: Ben Heine

      via Alene Kramer

      Many an individual has turned from the mean, personal, acquisitive point of view to one
      that sees society as a whole and works for its benefit. If there has been such a change
      in one person, there can be the same change in many.

      - Mahatma Gandhi