#4566 - Tuesday, April 11, 2012 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2012
      #4566 - Tuesday, April 11, 2012 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      The Nonduality Highlights
      - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NDhighlights

      Juno, The World's Most Quiet Place, and Jeff Foster are featured.

      Poems by Juno

      LOVE IS A SHOOTING STAR

      Love is a shooting star
      So quick
      So beautiful
      It dazzles my night sky
      Making me wish
      For the moment
      To never end

      ~ ~ ~

      My Love Stands Patiently Like A Tree

      My Love stands
      Patiently
      Like a tree that waits to be kissed
      By the rays of your sun
      Or to be touched
      By the Light
      Of your glowing moon
      I am here
      To cherish all that you bring
      I shed my leaves in your Winter
      And grow them back in your Spring

      ~ ~ ~

      THANK YOU

      To the lost and confused,
      thank you for inspiring me to lead.
      To the learned and wise,
      thank you for inspiring me to remember.
      To the daring and vigilant,
      thank you for inspiring me to fight the good fight.
      To the proud and triumphant,
      thank for inspiring me to celebrate.
      To the passionate and spirited,
      thank you for inspiring me to dream.
      To the joyful and free,
      thank you for inspiring me to dance.
      To the witty and humorous,
      thank you for inspiring me to laugh.
      To the peaceful and grateful,
      thank you for inspiring me to live.
      To the kind and gentle,
      thank you for inspiring me to love.
      To the broken & beaten,
      thank you for inspiring me to heal you.

      We all crave it, but can you stand the silence? The longest anyone can bear Earth's quietest place is 45 minutes

          Orfield Laboratories' 'anechoic chamber' in the U.S is 99.99% sound absorbent
          Volunteers see hallucinations after a short while

      By Ted Thornhill

      They say silence is golden – but there’s a room in the U.S that’s so quiet it becomes unbearable after a short time.

      The longest that anyone has survived in the ‘anechoic chamber’ at Orfield Laboratories in South Minneapolis is just 45 minutes.

      It’s 99.99 per cent sound absorbent and holds the Guinness World Record for the world’s quietest place, but stay there too long and you may start hallucinating.

      JEFF FOSTER – MEETINGS IN THE USA – 2012

      How do we stop running away from “the mess of life”—our pain, our predicaments, our frustrations, our failures, even our longing for freedom and enlightenment—and start flowing with all of it?

      Is it possible to find an effortless “yes” to this moment, no matter how challenging our lives become?

      Is it possible to stop seeking love, peace and enlightenment in the future, and discover them where you already are?

      THE DEEPEST ACCEPTANCE:

      RADICAL AWAKENING IN ORDINARY LIFE

      Jeff Foster invites us to take a fresh look at our present experience and discover the ocean of who we really are: a non-dual awareness that has already allowed every wave of thought and emotion to arrive. “Just as the ocean ‘accepts’ every wave,” teaches Jeff, “so too has our awareness already allowed and accepted what is here.” Jeff talks of deep acceptance not as a passive surrender, but as an intelligent and creative emerging into life just as it is. And it is not something that happens “one day”, or only happens to special people – it is always happening, if we have eyes to see it.

      Recognizing ourselves as the ocean of deep acceptance radically transforms and simplifies the way we see the world – our relationships, how we communicate, our attitude towards physical pain and depression, how we deal with addictions, and our search for spiritual enlightenment. Candid, thoughtful, humorous—and deeply compassionate toward those searching for a way out of suffering—Jeff inspires us to stop trying to “do” acceptance…and start falling in love with “what has already been allowed.” His simple, accessible and direct teachings point us back to who we really are in this moment – already perfect, whole, and free.

      Silence, laughter, lightness, and a sense of real intimacy, honesty and friendship are the hallmarks of encounters with Jeff. His meetings are very spontaneous and informal, and there are plenty of opportunities to share and ask questions, if you are so moved. And of course, if you just want to sit in silence and listen, without sharing, then that’s fine too.

      “The floodgates are already open –

      this moment has already been allowed in,

      just as it is…”

      ABOUT JEFF FOSTER

      Jeff was voted #51 on Watkins Review’s 2012 list of the world’s 100 Most Spiritually Influential Living People and has published four books in over six languages. His latest book The Deepest Acceptance will be published in 2012 by Sounds True.

      Jeff speaks clearly and simply about the journey of awakening and self-realization. He presently holds meetings, retreats and private one-to-one sessions around the world, gently but directly pointing people back to the deep acceptance inherent in the present moment. He points to a discovery of who you really are, beyond all thoughts and judgments about yourself, even in the midst of the stress and struggle of modern day living and intimate relationships.

      His teaching style is direct and uncompromising and yet full of humanity, humor and compassion. He believes that freedom is everybody’s birthright. He belongs to no tradition or lineage, and makes his teaching accessible to all.

      JEFF FOSTER’S 2012 USA SCHEDULE

      We rely nearly 100% on word of mouth. Please share with anyone you think may be interested:

      CALIFORNIA

      Thurs 12 April
      Evening meeting in San Francisco, CA

      Friday 13 April
      Joint evening meeting with Jon Bernie in El Cerrito, CA

      Saturday 14 April
      Day intensive at Open Secret Bookstore in San Rafael, CA

      Sunday 15 April
      The Deepest Acceptance in Relationship – Special event in Sebastopol, CA

      20-22 April
      Jeff speaks at Inner Directions Conference, La Jolla, CA

      COLORADO

      28 April
      Special invite-only event hosted by Sounds True in Boulder, CO ** NOW FULLY BOOKED – SORRY! **

      FLORIDA

      4-6 May
      Meetings at Unity on the Bay church in Miami, FL

      NEW YORK

      15-20 July
      5 Day Retreat at the Omega Institute, Rhinebeck, NY

      “I’m not interested in the story of your incredible awakening. I’m not interested in how much you’ve read and learnt about enlightenment. I’m not interested in your spiritual attainments. No, no. I love you too much for that. I am deeply interested in who you really are, right now – before all stories. Even this one.” – Jeff Foster

      For details about the above meetings, and more, please visit