#4564 - Sunday, April 8, 2012

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2012

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4564, Sunday, April 8, 2012

      Accept the Unacceptable

      "Is not suffering due to the fact that it is forced upon us? Suppose we would do consciously what nature does unconsciously? Suppose we could offer ourselves willingly to be molded and buffeted by life?

      We are the offering placed on the altar of the world. If we would sacrifice what we wish most, we would gain a tremendous freedom.

      This is what is asked of us, the greatest gift of all, always what we want most, for ourselves, for the inner most of ourselves, our own heart.

      It is the acceptance of the unacceptable that is asked of us.

      So we are tested. To make evident whether our heart's treasure is earthly or heavenly.

      There is no Good Friday without an Easter. No dark night without a dawn, and no oppression without a release, and the sacrifice is followed by an outburst of such momentum that it shakes the very heavens. The veil of the temple is split; there is a tremor on earth.

      You are resurrecting every time you overcome yourself.

      - Pir Vilayat Kahn

      Happy Resurrection, everyone!

      ~dg, posted to DailyDharma

      You are like a candle. Imagine you are sending light out all around you. All your words, thoughts and actions are going in many directions. If you say something kind, your kind words go in many directions, and you yourself go with them. We are ... transforming and continuing in a different form at every moment.

      - Thich Nhat Hanh

      And he who has considered all the contrasts on this earth, and is no more disturbed by anything whatever in the world, the Peaceful One, freed from rage, from sorrow, and from longing, he has passed beyond birth and decay.

      - The Buddha

      As you learn to leave alone the activity of unconsciously trying to be the mindbody that you think that you are - the mindbody that this "you" is currently flowing through - and you learn to move as this one that you truly are - this "you" of you; the very heart of existence - steadily, consciously and momentarily, the continuity of the ever deepening of this innermost as it keeps on entering its manifestation, through this mindbody that you find yourself flowing through, allows you to simply bubble in the sheer joy, pleasure, peace, delightfulness and stillness that this "you" of you is.

      - Elysha

      The night kissed the fading day
      With a whisper:
      "I am death, your mother,
      From me you will get new birth."

      - Rabindranth Tagore

      God had brought me to my knees and made me acknowledge my own nothingness, and out of that knowledge I had been reborn. I was no longer the centre of my life and therefore I could see God in everything.

      - Bede Griffiths

      This means that we have barely
      disembarked into life,
      that we've only just now been born,