#4561 - Thursday, April 5, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2012

      #4561 - Thursday, April 5, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -

      One of the most calming and powerful actions you can do to intervene in a
      stormy world is to stand up and show your soul. Struggling souls catch light
      from other souls who are fully lit and willing to show it.
      - Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Est├ęs

      Hold on to what is good, even if it is a handful of earth. Hold on to what you
      believe, even if it is a tree which stands by itself. Hold on to what you must do,
      even if it is a long way from here. Hold on to life, even when it is easier letting
      go. Hold on to my hand, even when I have gone away from you.

      - Pueblo Blessing

      "Grainy Taste"

      Without a net, I catch a falcon
      and release it to the sky, hunting

      God.  This wine I drink today was
      never held in a clay jar.  I love

      this world, even as I hear the great
      wind of leaving it rising, for there

      is a grainy taste I prefer to every
      idea of heaven: human friendship.

                 - Ghazal (Ode) 328
                    Version by Coleman Barks, with Nevit Ergin

      via Along The Way

      photo by Alan Larus

      How can an unsteady mind make itself steady?  Of
      course it cannot. It is the nature of the mind to roam
      about.  All you can do is to shift the focus of con-
      sciousness beyond the mind.

                                - Nisargadatta Maharaj

      via Along The Way

      All doubts will cease only when the doubter
      and his source has been found.  There is no
      use removing doubts one by one.  If we clear
      one doubt, another doubt will arise and there
      will be no end of doubts.  But if, by seeking the
      source of the doubter, the doubter is found to
      be really non-existent, then all doubts will cease.

                              - Sri Ramana Maharshi

      photo by Russie Wight-Waltman

      "There is an old shed near my house. Each April, after their long journey from
      Africa, the swallows return to the same nests in its rafters. They refurbish the
      nests and soon new little swallows will hatch out there. It is fascinating that the
      destination of such a huge continental journey is the fragile little grass and mud
      homes in the roof of an abandoned shed. It suggests that one can undertake
      any voyage if the destination is home. Humble or grand, home is where your
      heart belongs.

      When it is a place of shelter and love, there is no place like home."

      John O'Donohue, "Benedictus"

      Halleluiah

      Everyone should be born into this world happy
      and loving everything.
      But in truth it rarely works that way.
      For myself, I have spent my life clamoring toward it.
      Halleluiah, anyway I'm not where I started!

      And have you too been trudging like that, sometimes
      almost forgetting how wondrous the world is
      and how miraculously kind some people can be?
      And have you too decided that probably nothing important
      is ever easy?
      Not, say, for the first sixty years.

      Halleluiah, I'm sixty now, and even a little more,
      and some days I feel I have wings.

      ~ Mary Oliver

      (Evidence)

      To live in this world you must be able to do three things: to love what is mortal;
      to hold it against your bones knowing your own life depends on it; and, when
      the time comes to let it go, to let it go." - Mary Oliver

      This is what is means to answer the call, to commit to being here in a human
      life, as a human being: to love what is mortal, to love what is unpredictably
      changing & impermanent, to love while being mindful that everything, every
      person, every place, every moment we love will change & pass, but to love
      anyway. And to love what you love fiercely, no holds barred, nothing held back,
      knowing that the reality of who & what you are here & now as a human being is
      inseparable from this world, this life you claim & inhabit fully."

      - Oriah Mountain Dreamer, from The Call