#4553 - Thursday, March 29, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2012

      #4553 - Thursday, March 29, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -

      Very seldom can one recommend a book before reading it, but this is the
      one! I was already an avid reader back when Swami Z stories first appeared
      some years ago on Vicki's website. While many profound truths are wryly or
      sarcastically uttered as humor, Swami Z just happens to be the most lovable
      curmudgeon of a guru you'll ever meet. When baking cookies for his kitchen
      table satsangs with mostly complaining and questioning disciples, a group
      that includes a grown man with his stick pony, hilarious conversations take
      place that somehow magically convey to you all the comfort and delight of a
      warm cookie fresh from the oven. Treat yourself!

      Authored by Vicki Woodyard

      Vicki Woodyard wrote A GURU IN THE GUEST ROOM as a blend of fantasy
      and wisdom about awakening. In this book, she introduces the reader to
      Swami Z and his disciples; a motley crew of characters that spring up
      around him to learn that they are the Self. If you want to have an
      awakened wink, this book is for you!

      We're all just walking each other home.
      ~Ram Dass

      I love talking about nothing.
      It's the only thing that I know anything about.

      ~Oscar Wilde

      My Life

      My whole life is mine, but whoever says so
      will deprive me, for it is infinite.
      The ripple of water, the shade of the sky
      are mine; it is still the same, my life.

      No desire opens me: I am full,
      I never close myself with refusal-
      in the rhythm of my daily soul
      I do not desire-I am moved;

      by being moved I exert my empire,
      making the dreams of night real:
      into my body at the bottom of the water
      I attract the beyonds of mirrors...

      ~Rainer Maria Rilke

      via Christopher Hebard on FB

      Our task is to take this earth so deeply and wholly into ourselves that it will
      resurrect within our being.

      ~Rainer Maria Rilke, letter to Witold Hulewicz, November 13, 1925

      via Ivan M. Granger

      by Rashani Rea

      Most people think excitement is happiness - but when you are excited you
      are not peaceful - true happiness is based on peace.
      ~Thich Nhat Hanh

      One of the dysfunctional patterns of the mind is the assumption that the
      Now needs to be filled with something all the time. Of course you have to
      do things, but see if you can also experience the spaciousness of this
      moment, the inherent goodness of this moment, regardless of what it
      contains.
      ~Eckhart Tolle

      If you want to know who someone is,
      what is flowing through or not flowing,
      stay in a listening posture.
      Close your eyes inside your companion's shadow.
      But always remember,
      you have your own source.
      Never leave that.
      Explore the inner foundation stone by stone.
      ~ Rumi