#4553 - Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2012
      #4553 - Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Anamika

      Ruthless Truth

      One of the things the seeker does not want to hear
      especially when it has invested a lot of time, money and intensity
      into the search: hours of meditation, buying and reading
      spiritual books, going for satsangs and retreats etc.,
      that the search can be dropped right here and right now,
      as there is no golden pot at the end of the rainbow.
      There will be no enlightenment in the future.
      Never.

      Whatever Is is only ever Now.

      Always perceived at this moment,

      To be seen only Now

      Only ever Now

      Did you notice its always Now?

      The ruthless truth is that the person you believe yourself to be will never get it.

      The pristine awareness that you are already
      does not need any improvement,
      does not need any process to be able to comprehend itself.

      Enlightenment, freedom is not for the person
      its freedom from the person.

      and...

      What you are looking for is
      what you are looking from.

      Already the case.

      You are That

      (But then who knows... :
      maybe even though the seeker does not want to hear this,
      it might be that awareness, trying to recognize Itself through you,
      drops this information in your lap, so you,
      after investigating this belief of being a person and seeing the fallacy of it
      ,
      might finally relax, sit back and enjoy the show ;-) )

      Nathan Gill wrote:

      > > I see now that no transcendental event has any
      significance in the light of the
      > > plain, ordinary, everyday clarity
      of what you really are.

      snip

      > This type of experience
      can happen when the mind becomes very quiet
      > and still, and in that very still
      almost
      > thought free mind, one's true nature gets reflected, and

      one feels extremely happy and peaceful.

      Dhanya writes:

      In an effort to demystify this type of event
      I offer here the Sanskrit term for this type
      of experience, whether one calls it transcendental,
      blissful, fool's gold, or whatever the technical
      term for it is 'ati sukshma vritti.'

      Ati (very) sukshma (subtle) vritti (thought form)

      So the reflection of the 'light of consciousness'
      (again if one wants to use those term) in a mind
      which is very calm and peaceful is called an
      ati sukshma vritti. It can be mistaken for
      the recognition of the truth, but it isn't the
      recognition of truth because for one thing
      it goes away, and for another it is not a direct
      cognition of one's true nature. In other words,
      the sense that my identity is as the body mind individual
      is still firmly in place.

      Yosy writes:

      demystifying the mystical

      the mystics
      use similes
      to express
      the divine love.

      but me - for me
      love of god
      elevates
      every experience
      to the mystic heights!

      my lover's body
      is the perfect
      divine temple.
      no doubt.
      and
      lovingly
      tenderly
      caressing
      her skin -
      a prayer
      most sublime.

      and a kiss - oh, the kiss!
      kissing your
      lips
      my beloved one
      is
      a most rewarding
      rapture of unity!

      the secret book of books
      lies hidden
      shyly
      between her thighs.
      beautiful
      divine
      landscape.

      we
      are
      what is.
      yahuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!
      always and forever.

      what the devout
      call
      divine love
      is but a simile
      for this
      intoxicating
      god given
      experience.
      life!
      ****************************

      _()_
      yosy

      Jot down Scott Kiloby's upcoming dates in Massachusetts and Rhode Island:

      Thursday Evening, Apr. 26, 7-9 PM:
      Nina Carmel's Country Barn
      43 Old Sudbury Road
      Lincoln, MA   01773

      Fri-Sun, Apr. 27-29:
      The Providence Institute
      18 Imperial Place -6A, Providence, RI  02903

      Times & Ticket Prices:
      Apr. 27-29, 2012
         Thursday:  7:00-9:00 pm - $20-25  (sliding scale- pay as you can afford)
         Friday:  7:00-9:00 pm - $20-25  (sliding scale- pay as you can afford)
         Saturday:  10:00am-5:00pm - $70 (in Advance) / $80 (at-the-door)
         Sunday:  10:00am-1:00pm - $30 (in Advance) / $40 (at-the-door)

      What is the "new spirituality"? Contribute your creative video response to this film project that I gladly endorse: