#4551 - Monday, March 26, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2012

      #4551 - Monday, March 26, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -

      Beingness rests in the heart of all being.
      ~Ramana Maharshi

      "Allow nature to teach you stillness."
      ~Eckhart Tolle

      When the mind is at peace,
      the world too is at peace.
      Nothing real, nothing absent.
      Not holding on to reality,
      not getting stuck in the void,
      you are neither holy nor wise, just
      an ordinary fellow who has completed his work.

      ~Layman P'ang (c. 740-808)

       [48] In the sandalwood forest, there is no other tree (from The Shodoka)
      By Hsuan Chueh of Yung Chia / Yoka Genkaku
      (665 - 713)

      English version by Robert Aitken

      In the sandalwood forest, there is no other tree.
      Only the lion lives in such deep luxuriant woods,
      Wandering freely in a state of peace.
      Other animals and birds stay far away.

      Hsuan Chueh is perhaps best known for composing the Cheng Tao Ko, a
      collection of Zen teaching poems. This work has been popularized in the
      West through the influence of Japanese Zen schools, where it is known as
      The Shodoka and he is referred to as Yoka Genkaku.

      "Every animal knows more than you do."
      —Native American Proverb

      "What is a man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would
      die from great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts also
      happens to man."
      —Chief Seattle

      "Transforming yourself is a means of giving light to the whole world."
      ~Ramana Maharshi

      We must learn to trust that what needs to open within us will do so, in just
      the right fashion. In fact, our body, heart, and spirit know how to give birth,
      to open naturally, like the petals of a flower. We need not tear at the petals
      nor force the flower. We must simply stay planted and present.
      ~Jack Kornfeld
      via Daily Dharma

      Let yourself be silently drawn
      by the strange pull of what you really love.
      It will not lead you astray.

      ~Rumi

      (Essential Rumi, versions by Coleman Barks)

      "Spotted Eagle" by Peter Shefler

      I live my life in widening circles
      that reach out across the world.
      I may not complete this last one
      but I give myself to it.

      I circle around God, around the primordial tower.
      I've been circling for thousands of years
      and I still don't know: am I a falcon,
      a storm, or a great song?

      ~ Rainer Maria Rilke