#4547 - Thursday, March 22, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22 9:52 PM

      #4547 - Thursday, March 22, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -

      Only that day dawns to which we are awake.
      ~Henry David Thoreau

      photo via Jason Ferguson

      "As I watched the planets hurl from the heart of the God Titan I realized
      that each planet had its own unique frequency. And every frequency
      together created a symphony that became one sound. That sound was the
      only sound that God makes… The sound of everything all at once. The
      sound of existence."
      ~ Aubrey Marcus

      Spring and all its flowers now joyously break their vow of silence.
      ~ Hafiz (Persia, 14th century)

      Magnolia by Peter Shefler

      "Such Singing in the Wild Branches"

      when I seemed to float,
      to be, myself, a wing or a tree—
      and I began to understand
      what the bird was saying,

      and the sands in the glass
      stopped
      for a pure white moment
      while gravity sprinkled upward

      like rain, rising,
      and in fact
      it became difficult to tell just what it was that was singing—
      it was the thrush for sure, but it seemed

      not a single thrush, but himself, and all his brothers,
      and also the trees around them,
      as well as the gliding, long-tailed clouds
      in the perfectly blue sky— all, all of them

      were singing.
      And, of course, yes, so it seemed,
      so was I.
      Such soft and solemn and perfect music doesn't last

      for more than a few moments.
      It's one of those magical places wise people
      like to talk about.
      One of the things they say about it, that is true,

      is that, once you've been there,
      you're there forever.
      Listen, everyone has a chance.
      Is it spring, is it morning?

      Are there trees near you,
      and does your own soul need comforting?
      Quick, then— open the door and fly on your heavy feet; the song
      may already be drifting away.

      ~Mary Oliver "Such Singing in the Wild Branches"