#4544 - Monday, March 19, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2012

      #4544 - Monday, March 19, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -

      There is no such thing as silence.
      The void is a sea of infinitesimal bells.
      the deepest emptiness is a song
      pressed from nothing by a gaze within.
      Descend into the chorus of your heart.
      Listen: the sound of bliss creates the world.

      Fred LaMotte

      There is a zen saying that the birds have no desire to be
      reflected in the lake, the lake has no desire to reflect the birds,
      but it still happens. The birds are reflected, the lake reflects,
      although the desire exists neither on the part of the birds
      nor on the part of the lake.
      In this desirelessness everything happens, nothing is done.

      The Bright Field

      By R. S. Thomas
      (1913 - 2000)

      I have seen the sun break through
      to illuminate a small field
      for a while, and gone my way
      and forgotten it. But that was the pearl
      of great price, the one field that had
      treasure in it. I realize now
      that I must give all that I have
      to possess it. Life is not hurrying

      on to a receding future, nor hankering after
      an imagined past. It is the turning
      aside like Moses to the miracle
      of the lit bush, to a brightness
      that seemed as transitory as your youth
      once, but is the eternity that awaits you.

      from Soul Food: Nourishing Poems for Starved Minds, Edited by Neil
      Astley / Edited by Pamela Robertson-Pearce

      Once the cow Lakshmi came into the hall. She was pregnant at that time. It
      was after lunch time and Bhagavan was reading the newspapers. Lakshmi
      came near and started licking the papers. Bhagavan looked up and said,
      "Wait a little Lakshmi", but Lakshmi went on licking. Bhagavan laid his paper
      aside, put his hands behind Lakshmi's horns and put his head against hers.
      They stayed thus for quite a long time. All of us watched the wonderful
      scene. After some time Bhagavan turned to me and said, "Do you know
      what Lakshmi is doing? She is in samadhi". Tears were flowing from
      Lakshmi's eyes. Her eyes were fixed on Bhagavan. After some time
      Bhagavan asked her, "Lakshmi, how do you feel now"? Lakshmi moved
      backward, reluctant to turn her tail towards Bhagavan, and went out of the
      hall.

      ~ Source: "Ramana Smrti", chapter: 'Eternal Bhagwan' by Shantamma ?

      Joseph Campbell said, "You must have a room, or a certain hour or so a
      day, where you don’t know what was in the newspapers that morning…a
      place where you can simply experience and bring forth what you are and
      what you might be." In an era when much of what passes for "the news" is
      cartoonish or sheer lunacy, Campbell raises a question worth asking: Where
      can I get news that is true and worth attending to? When I ask that
      question, here are some of the answers I get: from nature, from children,
      from friends and neighbors, from people who know what it means to love,
      from poetry, and from within. Thomas Merton and the Dalai Lama are two
      of the people who remind me how much wisdom can come when we turn
      to "alternative sources" for the real news of our lives...
      ~Parker J. Palmer

      Love isn’t a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun, like struggle.

      To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she
      is, right here and now.

      ~ Fred Rogers, The World According to Mister Rogers

      We are all a little weird
      and life’s a little weird,
      and when we find someone
      whose weirdness is compatible with ours,
      we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness
      and call it

      love.

      ~ Dr. Seuss

      "A young woman stepped forward from the throng and asked 'Oh great
      Prophet, tell us how we might find love that is unconditional, unending and
      unwavering'.

      The Prophet did not answer right away. He looked off into the distance,
      gathering his thoughts. Silence descended upon the crowd. Then he turned
      his gaze upon the young woman and said 'Get a dog!'."

      ~ Chuck Lorre, Writer, Big Bang Theory.

      "Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
      "Not that many listen though. That's the problem."
      ~The Tao of Pooh