#4538 - Monday, March 12, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2012

      #4538 - Monday, March 12, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -

      One Day

      Chart your course among the ruins carefully
      lest you make the same mistake again.
      You know, the one where you look out for
      your own safety when there is no such thing,
      only fear.

      No fair zigzagging or second-guessing or even
      sitting down for a good pout.
      Just stick it out while running madly in circles
      chasing your tale.
      One day you will be a whirling dervish.
      All is well.
      ~Vicki Woodyard

      Wakan Tanka, Great Mystery,
      teach me how to trust
      my heart,
      my mind,
      my intuition,
      my inner knowing,
      the senses of my body,
      the blessings of my spirit.
      Teach me to trust these things
      so that I may enter my Sacred Space*
      and love beyond my fear,
      and thus Walk in Balance
      with the passing of each glorious Sun.

      ~Lakota Prayer

      *According to the Native People, the Sacred Space
      is the space between exhalation and inhalation.
      To Walk in Balance is to have Heaven (spirituality)
      and Earth (physicality) in Harmony.
      Via Wisdom of the Sacred Feminine on Facebook

      "I have come across a number of very well read Buddhists who have read and
      memorized great quantities of Buddhist texts who also seemed to lack basic
      concern for others- who would snap at those with lesser learning, and even
      refuse to offer support for those around them who were struggling. As if
      hypnotized by the wonderful image of the inner cartography that they were
      studying, they had become separated from the awareness that in order to start a
      journey we must put the map down so that we can actually begin. If we try to
      read a map and walk simultaneously we easily lose our orientation.

      I’ve also seen many folks shun basic bodhicitta practice for practices that deal in
      a more head-on way with emptiness; more secret practices, higher ones,
      implying that loving kindness is basic. Actually, it can be excruciating to try to
      be there for others. Kindness in the face of adversity, or aversion for that matter,
      is not as easy as reading a book about it. It can be much more convenient to
      rest in the thought that “my self-centeredness doesn’t exist, it’s empty of any
      self-nature”- therefore it’s unnecessary to really look at it in the face to see
      where it’s coming from."

      ~Karma Changchub Thinley

      He has a very interesting Buddhist blog here: http://www.ganachakra.com

      via Daily Dharma

      A reader's contribution by Christopher Chase, Japan.

      "Look outward at the appearing objects,
      And like the water in a mirage,
      They are more delusive than delusion.
      Unreal like dreams and illusions,
      They resemble a reflected moon and rainbows.

      Look inward at your own mind!
      It seems quite exciting, when not examined.
      But when examined, there is nothing to it.
      Appearing without being, it is nothing but empty.
      It cannot be identified saying, "That's it!"
      But is evanescent and elusive like mist."

      Dzogchen master Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche

      via Daily Dharma