#4534 - Thursday, March 8, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2012

      #4534 - Thursday, March 8, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -

      Drummer Drumming                only Silence is the drumstick,
      only Nothing is
      the skin of the drum,
      only Emptiness is the infinite Song

      ~Jan Barendrecht

      Hark to the unstruck bells and drums!
      It is the music of the meeting of soul with soul;
      It is the music of the forgetting of sorrows;
      It is the music that transcends all coming in and all going forth.

      ~Kabi-r

      This consciousness I am is beating a drum;
      everyone is carried away by the noise of the drum.
      Who looks for the drummer?

      ~Nisargadatta

      The Wish to Be Generous

      All that I serve will die, all my delights,
      the flesh kindled from my flesh, garden and field,
      the silent lilies standing in the woods,
      the woods, the hill, the whole earth, all
      will burn in man's evil, or dwindle
      in its own age. Let the world bring on me
      the sleep of darkness without stars, so I may know
      my little light taken from me into the seed
      of the beginning and the end, so I may bow
      to mystery, and take my stand on the earth
      like a tree in a field, passing without haste
      or regret toward what will be, my life
      a patient willing descent into the grass.

      ~ Wendell Berry

      (The Collected Poems, 1957-1982)