#4515 - Thursday, February 16, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2012
      #4515 - Thursday, February 16, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Some critic tried to put me down -
      "Your poems lack the Basic Truth of Tao."
      And I recall the old timers
      Who were poor and didn't care.
      I have to laugh at him,
      He misses the point entirely,
      Men like that
      Ought to stick to making money.

      ~Hanshan [Cold Mountain]

      Moss Garden, Japan

      In one spark of fire
      there is the whole fire
      it can ignite
      whole cities and nations
      one spark!

      That's how the Truth
      of one Person
      from age to age
      can shake the whole earth.

         - Swami Amar Jyoti

      via Along The Way

      I have been in love more times than one,
      thank the Lord. Sometimes it was lasting
      whether active or not. Sometimes
      it was all but ephemeral, maybe only
      an afternoon, but not less real for that.
      They stay in my mind, these beautiful people,
      or anyway beautiful people to me, of which
      there are so many. You, and you, and you,
      whom I had the fortune to meet, or maybe
      missed. Love, love, love, it was the
      core of my life, from which, of course, comes
      the word for the heart. And, oh, have I mentioned
      that some of them were men and some were women
      and some—now carry my revelation with you—
      were trees. Or places. Or music flying above
      the names of their makers. Or clouds, or the sun
      which was the first, and the best, the most
      loyal for certain, who looked so faithfully into
      my eyes, every morning. So I imagine
      such love of the world—its fervency, its shining, its
      innocence and hunger to give of itself—I imagine
      this is how it began.

      ~Mary Oliver

      and then I read the news about mary oliver, who is "seriously ill."

      oh, so many of us have been touched, transformed and nurtured by
      her words!!!

      may we all send mary our deepest aloha, aroha, love, and/or whatever
      arises when we hold her in our hearts~

      endless love to all of you Beloveds,

      ~rashani

      "The particular method of Dzogchen is called the Path of
      Self-Liberation, and to apply it nothing need be renounced, purified, or
      transformed. Whatever arises as one's karmic vision is used as the
      path."

      ~Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

      From the book, "The Crystal and the Way of Light", published by Snow
      Lion

      via Daily Dharma

      Radical Emptiness

      To the extent that the fire of truth wipes out all fixated points of view,
      it wipes out inner contradictions as well, and we begin to move in a
      whole different way. The Way is the flow that comes from a place of
      non-contradiction - not from good and bad. Much less damage tends to
      be done from that place. Once we have reached the phase where there
      is no fixed self-concept, we tend to lead a selfless life. The only way to
      be selfless is to be self less - without a self. No matter what it does, a
      self isn't going to be selfless. It can pretend. It can approximate
      selflessness, but a self is never going to be selfless because there is
      always an identified personal self at the root of it.

      Being selfless isn't a good, holy, or noble activity. It's simply that when
      there is no self, selflessness happens. This selflessness is very different
      from having a moralistic standpoint. When action is selfless, it tends to
      do no harm. It tends to be the salvation, the secret alchemy that
      awakens and removes conflict. It's a byproduct of not having a self. It
      just so happens that reality is overflowing with goodness and love.

      This is radical emptiness - where everything is arising spontaneously.
      There is no more need to discriminate with the mind between what
      seems to be the right thing or the wrong thing to do. In ego-land it's
      helpful to have an ego that can discriminate between right and wrong,
      but at a certain point, that's not what you are operating by. You are
      operating by the flow of the Tao, which is a higher order of
      intelligence. You don't need to intellectually discriminate anymore
      because the Tao discriminates without discriminating; it knows without
      knowing; it moves without moving. There is no sense of being
      enlightened or unenlightened. Since there is no self, there is nothing to
      be enlightened or unenlightened.

      We can talk about enlightened beings and non-enlightened beings, and
      conceptually that has a use. But when there is no self, when there is
      radical emptiness, the whole enlightenment thing is sort of irrelevant
      because reality has become conscious of itself, which is enlightenment.
      That's what is often missed. People believe that enlightenment is an
      improvement on reality, like becoming a super human being or
      God-knows-what. But enlightenment is when reality is awake to itself
      as itself within itself.

      ~Adyashanti

      Homebound

      Please go to link for more photos and poem by Alan Larus