#4511 - Sunday, February 12, 2012

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2012

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4511, Sunday, February 12, 2012

      The True Peace

      The first peace, which is the most important,
      is that which comes within the souls of people
      when they realize their relationship,
      their oneness, with the universe and all its powers,
      and when they realize that at the center
      of the universe dwells Wakan-Taka (the Great Spirit),
      and that this center is really everywhere, it is within each of us.
      This is the real peace, and the others are but reflections of this.
      The second peace is that which is made between two individuals,
      and the third is that which is made between two nations.
      But above all you should understand that there can never
      be peace between nations until there is known that true peace,
      which, as I have often said, is within the souls of men.

      - Black Elk

      There is no time left for anything but to make peacework a dimension of our every waking activity.

      - Elise Boulding

      Peace is every step.

      - Thich Nhat Hahn

      There is no way to peace; peace is the way.

      - A.J. Muste

      Five enemies of peace inhabit us - avarice, ambition, envy, anger, and pride; if these were to be banished, we should infallibly enjoy perpetual peace.

      - Francesco Petrarch

      Peace is not an absence of war, it is a virtue, a state of mind, a disposition for benevolence, confidence, justice.

      - Baruch Spinoza

      If there is to be peace in the world,
      There must be peace in the nations.

      If there is to be peace in the nations,
      There must be peace in the cities.

      If there is to be peace in the cities,
      There must be peace between neighbors.

      If there is to be peace between neighbors,
      There must be peace in the home.

      If there is to be peace in the home,
      There must be peace in the heart.

      - Lao Tzu