#4508 - Thursday, February 9, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2012

      #4508 - Thursday, February 9, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      "To love is to recognize yourself in another."
      ~ Eckhart Tolle

      A stupid or simple person is always ready to see
      the wrong in another and ready to form an opinion
      and to judge. But you will find a wise person
      expressing his opinion of others quite differently,
      always trying to tolerate and always trying to forgive
      still more. The present is the reflection of the past,
      and the future will be the echo of the present; this
      saying will always prove true.

      ~ Hazrat Inayat Khan

      via Along The Way

      What we speak becomes the house we live in.
      ~ Hafiz

      Make peace with the universe.
      Take joy in it.
      It will turn to gold.
      Resurrection will be now.
      Every moment
      a new beauty.

      ~ Rumi

      photo by Alan Larus

      There Is An Opening

      Several years have passed in this way, not doing anything but
      coping with caregiving and writing as I can find time. I am no
      less sorrowful about my husband’s diagnosis but I have
      incorporated it into my life. It is a life that belongs fully to me.
      If I grieve, it is my grief. Growth is a concentric thing and
      following the labyrinth of my life is a good thing for me to do.

      Living a spiritual life requires a lot of admitting that one is not
      living a spiritual life. Peter Matthiessen, in Nine-Headed
      Dragon River, says this of Dogen, Having met with his own
      Buddha-nature, Dogen seems to have become less judgmental,
      less demanding. Asked what he had learned abroad, he said,
      “Not much except a tender spirit.”

      The tender spirit can only be a witness to what is not tender, is
      yet insensitive and hypocritical. When I catch myself
      wondering what these ancient Zen masters have to do with me, I
      am just being tough on myself once again. Buddha-nature
      knows this.

      “In my visits to my teacher I noticed
      a change many years ago.
      Her house has always been silent.
      Now the silence began to rip every illusion apart.”
      (Alan Larus)

      Copyright © 2010 Vicki Woodyard

      Her book, "LIFE WITH A HOLE IN IT, That's How the Light Gets In," is available at
      http://www.booklocker.com/books/4931.html and on amazon.com.

      I vow to be healed by the next person I meet.
      I will bathe in the radiance of humanity.

      In the pathless way, the sign of progress is that we're not as
      perfect as we were yesterday. Make sacraments of your
      imperfections. Turn your wounds into eyes.

      "When the bud breaks, it becomes a flower.
      When the heart breaks it becomes divine."
      ~ Shri Shri

      To be a spiritual warrior, one must have a broken heart; without a
      broken heart and the sense of tenderness and vulnerability, your
      warriorship is untrustworthy.
      ~ Chögyam Trungpa