#4507 - Wednesday, February 8, 2012 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2012
      #4507 - Wednesday, February 8, 2012 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Bulleh Shah said in Punjabi, what our prophet had said in Arabic, that everybody is equal, regardless of caste, color, religion, nationality, economic status, gender, ancestry etc. There are no chosen people, no people superior just because they are the children of a great man or different God. Bullah raised the status of a dancing girl to that of the richest lady. Bullah should be taught in every school of Pakistan , India and all other countries (after proper translation).

      KALAM BABA BULAHAY SHAH PUNJABI

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Kxr-vYeD4Q&feature=share

      Scott Kiloby

      What does it mean to really feel and let the heart open?  During talks and sessions, I sometimes hear people say,  "I don't want to feel.  I feel too much already.  That's been the problem my whole life."  But what are they really saying?  Does FEELING mean thinking about feelings, thinking about one's story...or is it something much more basic?   I found that minds tend to overcompensate.  Overcompensation is a way of deflecting away from actually feeling emotional energy in the body directly.  I did this deflecting in many ways, through drugs, finding someone to cover up the pain in relationship, overintellectualizing life, going back into story, and relying on past, memorizes spiritual phrases.  What a cover up job all of that is.

       For me, to really feel means to stop overcompensating, even if only for a brief moment, and to actually face the raw energy arising.  Once the overcompensation is put aside, long enough, for the energy within to arise freely, without strategizing to get it to go away, the heart can't help but open.  It has no more protections.  This is what the Unfindable Inquiry is designed to reveal in the most basic sense. If you notice, each time you think a thought is you, feelings are arising.  This is why the invitation is always to sit with the pain, without trying to overcompensate in the usual, habitual ways.  You don't have to use the unfindable inquiry.  If you can allow thoughts to rest long enough to do nothing with emotions except let them arise freely, THAT'S it.  But if you can't do that, there may be some overcompensating happening.  And that's where the UI comes in.  It clears away thoughts long enough to actually feel pain that has been there for a long time, but protected by the myriad of ways the mind tries to escape.  And seeking, of course, is one of the number one ways.

      Vincent Androsiglio

      Whatever happens is meant to Be.You may need what you get. Whatever happens can't be otherwise. All is a Gift and All is Always Now. True Joy does not depend upon what happens. This is my passion:to realize this reality-Trust in the Interconnected Oneness of Life.

      I had a Psychotherapy practice in NY-NJ for 25 years. Taught psychiatrists Family Systems theory and therapy at New York Medical College., as Clinical Professor of Psychiatry. Received "Professor of the Year Award."

      Published Family therapy articles in numerous national magazines and newspapers --Parents , Glamour, syndicated newspapers.TV talk show interviews

      Developed the Test for Pursuing- Distancing Scale for couples. Published in Journal of Personality Assessment. It was my Phd dissertation.

      Faculty: Postgraduate Center for Mental Health,NYC; Postgraduate Family institute, New Rochelle, NY, affl., Einstein Medical school, Doctoral program in Clinical Psy, Fairleigh, Dickinson Univ.

      Now I teach " Using Meditation to Work with Emotions" at International Academy of Interfaith Studies.

      I was a monk at St. Lawrence Monastery in New York for seven years.

      I have lived in Nepal for 6 years writing about Nepali culture for newspapers.Worked there with Drug Addicts trying to introduce Family Therapy ( not so successfully) and with victims of torture during the war introducing Dream work

      I lived in Thailand for two years , and did meditation retreats at Suan Mokkha Buddhist Monastery for the last ten years.

      I have just completed my first Book: A How To/ Spiritual Memoir "Butterfly on the Wrist: Life is out to Heal Us" It will be published Oct. , 2011. Available on amazon.com

      From his Wall:

      Vincent Androsiglio
      The most serious mental disorder in our society is that we actually feel comfortable ( have no anxiety) with some people starving while others have more than they need.
      Like · · Share · Sunday at 2:14pm ·

          18 people like this.
              Vida Cropas Marchildon
              Yes... We are secondary psychopaths who need to realize that starvation, for the most part, is man-made...Why are countries that produce: coffee, tea, cocoa, spices, exotic fruit, rice, cotton, rubber, gold, diamonds, silver etc. "poor"??...Why is child slave labour -by OUR manufacturers- still tolerated? Why do we still vote for presidents who do not hesitate to launch million dollar missiles -each- to murder civilians in the name of "democracy"?...The world is insane and we are all -yes I am including myself- enablers.