#4496 - Saturday, January 28, 2011

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2012

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4496, Saturday, January 28, 2011

      With repeated meditation practice
      the expanse of the visible universe
      with all its qualities dissolves
      to nothing, to where there is
      only health and great joy.

      - Lalla, from Naked Song, version by Coleman Barks, posted to AlongTheWay

      Leave all worries behind and make your
      heart totally pure, like the face of a mirror
      with no image or design. Once your heart
      is cleansed of all images, it will contain
      them all.

      - Rumi, version by Muriel Maufroy, from Breathing Truth - Quotations from Jalaluddin Rumi,, posted to AlongTheWay

      GO ON

      What if the winds gusted at hurricane force?
      What if part of our neighbor's house
      crashed two stories to the driveway?
      What if a few nights back his son's truck
      had been parked right where it hit?
      What if the wind shook our vent tube loose
      What if our roof took to leaking?
      What if a man climbed a ladder to cement
      the leak in rain raging so hard he had to
      keep emptying his sleeves?

      What if sugar is the real gateway drug
      & we're all addicts before
      we even learn there's words for sweet?
      What if measured in words exhaled
      I'm only inclined to lend an ear to whatever
      implies something I would like to believe?
      What if we go on arguing about the futility
      of argument as a form of communication?
      What if it`s not pretty?
      What if it's never pretty?

      What if people would rather speculate
      about the end of the world
      than consider their own passing?
      What if green is green
      blue is blue & love is in flower?
      What if we didn't invent language
      but elevated its usage?
      What if there`s another loud noise tonight?
      What if there's nothing to hide
      & you leave me no choice?

      - Steve Toth, posted to Distillation

      When you express gentleness and precision in your environment, then real brilliance and power descend onto that situation. If you try to manufacture that presence out of your own ego, it will never happen. You cannot own the power and the magic of this world. It is always available, but it does not belong to anyone.

      - Chogyam Trungpa, from The Sacred Path of the Warrior, posted to DailyDharma

      come and see me
      today i am away
      out of this world

      hidden away
      from me and i

      i grabbed a dagger
      made slices of
      me from myself
      since i belong
      not to me
      not to anyone

      i am so sorry
      for not having done
      this cutting away before
      it was my soul's mind
      and not mine

      i have no idea
      how my inner fire
      is burning today
      my tongue
      is on a different flame

      i see myself
      with a hundred faces
      and to each one
      i swear it is me

      surely i must have
      a hundred faces
      i confess none is mine
      i have no face

      - Rumi, Ghazal 1519, translation by Nader Khalili, from Rumi, Fountain of Fire, posted to Sunlight