#4482 - Saturday, January 14, 2011

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2012

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4482, Saturday, January 14, 2011

      The Night Abraham Called to the Stars

      Do you remember the night Abraham first saw
      The stars? He cried to Saturn: "You are my Lord!"
      How happy he was! When he saw the Dawn Star,

      He cried, ""You are my Lord!" How destroyed he was
      When he watched them set. Friends, he is like us:
      We take as our Lord the stars that go down.

      We are faithful companions to the unfaithful stars.
      We are diggers, like badgers; we love to feel
      The dirt flying out from behind our back claws.

      And no one can convince us that mud is not
      Beautiful. It is our badger soul that thinks so.
      We are ready to spend the rest of our life

      Walking with muddy shoes in the wet fields.
      We resemble exiles in the kingdom of the serpent.
      We stand in the onion fields looking up at the night.

      My heart is a calm potato by day, and a weeping
      Abandoned woman by night. Friend, tell me what to do,
      Since I am a man in love with the setting stars.

      - Robert Bly

      hiding in this cage
      of visible matter

      is the invisible
      lifebird

      pay attention
      to her

      she is singing
      your song

      - Kabir

      Refuse all thoughts except one: the thought `I am'. The mind will rebel in the beginning, but with patience and perseverance it will yield and keep quiet. Once you are quiet, things will begin to happen spontaneously and quite naturally, without any interference on your part.

      I believe in all that has never yet been spoken.
      I want to free what waits within me
      so that what no one has dared to wish for
      may for once spring clear
      without my contriving.

      If this is arrogant, God forgive me,
      but this is what I need to say.
      May what I do flow from me like a river,
      no forcing and no holding back,
      the way it is with children.

      Then in these swelling and ebbing currents,
      these deepening tides moving out, returning,
      I will sing you as no one ever has,
      streaming through widening channels
      into the open sea.

      - Rainer Maria Rilke, translated by Joanna Macy

      The Infinite Present

      The present moment is infinite and boundaryless.
      There is no way to escape it;
      there is no Reality outside of it.

      Each of us is always here and now.
      It is only the mind that wanders....