#4477 - Monday, January 9, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10 10:42 AM

      #4477 - Monday, January 9, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      "Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive,
      and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have
      come alive."

      - Howard Thurman

      There is just being.
      There’s nothing else.
      Being is totally whole just being.
      And it is alive and fleshy
      and sexy and juicy
      and immediately this;
      it's not some concept
      about 'there's no-one here'.
      It's not some concept
      about 'there’s nowhere to go'.
      It is the aliveness
      that's in that body right now.
      There is pure beingness,
      pure aliveness.
      That's it.
      End of story.

      - Tony Parsons

      In order to know anything apparently objective, Consciousness
      must take the shape of the mind. It is by definition only possible for
      the mind to hold one thought/image/perception at a time. In other
      words, this apparent limitation is inherent in the structure of the
      mind. However, it is a mistake to project this limitation of mind onto
      Consciousness and presume, as a result, that Consciousness is
      limited.

      - Rupert Spira

      You do not learn non-attachment by disengaging and avoiding the
      intensity of relationships, their joy and their pain. It is easy to
      disguise as non-attachment what is not non-attachment at all, but
      your fear of attachment. When you really care about someone and
      you are willing to commit to that friendship, then you have fertile
      ground to learn about both attachment and non-attachment.

      - Judy Lief

      It stirs and it stirs not; it is far, and likewise near. It is inside of all
      this, and it is outside of all this.

      And he who beholds all beings in the Self, and the Self in all
      beings, he never turns away from it.

      When to a man who understands, the Self has become all things,
      what sorrow, what trouble can there be to him who once beheld
      that unity?

      - Isha Upanishad

      It is Love
      that
      holds
      everything together,
      And
      It is
      the everything also.

      - Rumi

      I hear bells ringing that no one has shaken,
      inside "love" there is more joy than we know of,
      rain pours down, although the sky is clear of clouds,
      there are whole rivers of light...

      - Kabir

      "The Aurora" from northern Norway & Russia

      http://vimeo.com/21294655
      Try full screen : )

      I spent a week capturing one of the biggest aurora borealis shows
      in recent years.

      Shot in and around Kirkenes and Pas National Park bordering
      Russia, at 70 degree north and 30 degrees east. Temperatures
      around -25 Celsius. Good fun.

      - Terje Sorgjerd

      (A public page, all photography.)
      Thanks to Alan Larus

      All quotes herein were found on Facebook. Due to privacy concerns and the nature of "friends of friends" on Facebook, it is not possible within time constaints to obtain permission to name all the contributors. Apologies to those who minded being named. If your quotes are sometimes used here and you wish to be named, please let me know. The original writer will always be named. Thanks for your understanding. -Gloria