#4467 - Thursday, December 29, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2011

      #4467 - Thursday, December 29, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Be willing to be a beginner every single morning.
      ~ Meister Eckhart

      by Elsa Bailey

      Life is not complex. We are complex. Life is Simple, and the Simple
      thing is the Right Thing.
      ~ Oscar Wilde

      Japanese pampas grass, named "Susuki".
      Satoshi Kudo watercolor

      by Tony Cartledge

      Our being here is our eternal being. Many people imagine here to
      have creaturely being, and divine being to be yonder. It is a
      popular delusion.
      ~ Meister Eckhart

      Sri Ramana Maharshi born December 30, 1879 at 1:00 AM

      "Birth and rebirth are mentioned only to make you investigate the
      question and find out that there are neither births nor rebirths.
      They relate to the body and not to the Self."

      by Cathy Gintner

      Imre Morocz, artist

      The radiance of bliss-consciousness, in the form of one awareness
      shining equally within and without, is the supreme primal reality.
      Its form is silence. For those who live in the Self, as pure beauty
      devoid of thought, there is nothing which need be thought of.
      There is only the experience of silence."
      ~ Sri Ramana Maharshi

      "Above all things, love silence. Out of your silence will arise
      something that will draw you into deeper silence. If you practice
      this, inexpressible light will dawn upon you."
      ~ St. Gregory of Nyssa

      by Fred LaMotte

      If you can only rid yourselves of conceptual thought, you will have
      accomplished everything.
      ~ Huang Po

      by Tony Cartledge

      If you begin to understand what you are without trying to change
      it, then what you are undergoes a transformation.
      ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti

      by Tim Gerchmez

      Within enlightenment - awareness without transition or change -
      the universe of appearances and possibilities, whether of samsara
      or nirvana, arises with nothing to renounce or attain.

      In the experience of yoginis who do not perceive things
      dualistically, the fact that things manifest without truly existing is so
      amazing that they burst into laughter.

      ~ Longchenpa

      by Amrita Nadi on Daily Dharma

      photo by Alan Larus

      If you want the truth,
      I’ll tell you the truth:
      Listen to the secret sound,
      the real sound,
      which is inside you.

      ~ Kabir

      by Belle Heywood

      There are many things to be grateful "for" but, as I ripen with the
      seasons of life, the many reasons blend into a sacred mystery. And,
      most deeply, I realize that living gratefully is its own blessing.
      ~ Michael Mahoney