#4461 - Friday, December 23, 2011 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2011
      #4461 - Friday, December 23, 2011 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Anamika

      Who am I ?

      I know who I am
      it is not this person
      I know who I am
      and it is not visible

      I know what I am
      yet it is not anything anybody ever called me

      I know what I am
      and it is impossible to put in words
      I know who I am
      it is nothing tangible

      I know who I am
      it is not here or there

      yet closer than our own breath

      Our natural state
      even now

      already the case

      Understanding is all

      ~ ~ ~

      Anamika is a potter in Auroville. Her work may be viewed here:

      WE COME HOME TO CHILDLIKENESS

      William Samuel

      The Christmas Season commemorates our own awakening, birth of the Christ Truth within, arrival of our own Identity. The Christmas Season marks the prodigal’s return from the land of husks. This is the time when the fires of the hearth are rekindled—the time for coming home.

      Coming home to what? To consciousness, to Identity, to the heritage promised us from the beginning, to the Love we are, to the carefree Child we are, to warmth and tenderness, simplicity and gentleness—to the happiness that REALITY is!

      Reader, if I could give you the gift of childlikeness, I would. But this is our nature already—and this is the only nature that comes to see, accept and live the Real. Intellectuality decries the season, anxious to explain it and then to have it over. But childlikeness sees the sparkle of silver tassels all year. Childlikeness listens to the laughter of angels every minute. Childlikeness tastes the sweet sugarplums of Simplicity right here, right now—and feels the gentle Love of Christmas forever!

      From THE AWARENESS OF SELF-DISCOVERY by William Samuel (1970)

      "Photons have no ticking time at all, which means, as far as they are concerned, they are absorbed the instant they are emitted, even if the distance traveled is across the universe itself."

      Dustin writes:

      This thread strains the bounds of my own intelligence, but something about it made me think of The Highlights in the following excerpt. It discusses existence as a physical property in the quantum realm; almost as though it wasn't real:

      The entire thread is here:

      Tyson's Wikipedia page is here:

      I've seen him on Real Time With Bill Maher, and he's an incredibly eloquent communicator about science. I found reading the answers to the questions posed to him to be really interesting.