#4460 - Thursday, December 22, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee
- #4460 - Thursday, December 22, 2011 - Editor: Gloria LeeThe Nonduality Highlights - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NDhighlights"A single conversation across a table with a wise man is worth a
month's study of books." - Chinese Proverbby Sandra MaNo one's mouth is big enough to utter the whole thing.- Alan Wattsby Elsa BaileyFreedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the
understanding of a problem.
- Jiddu Krishnamurtiby Tony CartledgeThe message behind the words
is the voice of the heart.
- Rumiby Neena Singhphoto by Alan LarusThis poetry. I never know what I'm going to say.
I don't plan it.
When I'm outside the saying of it,
I get very quiet and rarely speak at all.
- Rumiby Andy LalFor whoever seeks God in some special way, will gain the way and
lose God who is hidden in the way. But whoever seeks God
without any special way, finds Him as He really is… and He is life
- Meister Eckhartby Tony CartledgeLet the water settle
and you will see moon and stars
mirrored in your being.
- Rumiby Andy Lalphoto by Alan LarusThere is something in us
That has nothing to do with night and day,
Diamonds which come from no earthly mine.
- Rumiby Enea BozeglavA report from spring's front lines.The tawny tones of dirt, the pale hues of pulverized rock, the gray
and black of pebbles, the golden shades of sand, what marvelous
rug to walk on. The sun so bright, and the breeze so cool. It gave
me the grounded feeling of being at home. And as if that were
not enough, my favorite musicians were playing a symphony in
chlorophyll . What mastery vegetation has to squeeze every note
out of green! This made me feel like a child gazing into his
mother's eyes. But then I looked up, and saw the cloud flecked
blue, and I had the intuition I was free, buoyant, but unable to
fly, as a bird in a cage must feel looking at the sky.Yes, I left headquarters early, and crossed no man's land. I
peered into the enemy's trenches, and brought back this report:The jasmines are preparing an assault. Their army green blouses
are crisscrossed with buds.The General read the report and looked at me with a sad smile.
"No one can know this, and live." He turned to his adjutant, and
softly said, "Prepare the firing squad."Pete Sierra