#4460 - Thursday, December 22, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2011

      #4460 - Thursday, December 22, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      "A single conversation across a table with a wise man is worth a
      month's study of books." - Chinese Proverb

      by Sandra Ma

      No one's mouth is big enough to utter the whole thing.
      - Alan Watts

      by Elsa Bailey

      Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the
      understanding of a problem.
      - Jiddu Krishnamurti

      by Tony Cartledge

      The message behind the words
      is the voice of the heart.
      - Rumi

      by Neena Singh

      photo by Alan Larus

      This poetry. I never know what I'm going to say.
      I don't plan it.
      When I'm outside the saying of it,
      I get very quiet and rarely speak at all.
      - Rumi
      by Andy Lal

      For whoever seeks God in some special way, will gain the way and
      lose God who is hidden in the way. But whoever seeks God
      without any special way, finds Him as He really is… and He is life
      itself.
      - Meister Eckhart

      by Tony Cartledge

      Let the water settle
      and you will see moon and stars
      mirrored in your being.
      - Rumi

      by Andy Lal

      photo by Alan Larus

      There is something in us
      That has nothing to do with night and day,
      Diamonds which come from no earthly mine.
      - Rumi

      by Enea Bozeglav

      A report from spring's front lines.

      The tawny tones of dirt, the pale hues of pulverized rock, the gray
      and black of pebbles, the golden shades of sand, what marvelous
      rug to walk on. The sun so bright, and the breeze so cool. It gave
      me the grounded feeling of being at home. And as if that were
      not enough, my favorite musicians were playing a symphony in
      chlorophyll . What mastery vegetation has to squeeze every note
      out of green! This made me feel like a child gazing into his
      mother's eyes. But then I looked up, and saw the cloud flecked
      blue, and I had the intuition I was free, buoyant, but unable to
      fly, as a bird in a cage must feel looking at the sky.

      Yes, I left headquarters early, and crossed no man's land. I
      peered into the enemy's trenches, and brought back this report:

      The jasmines are preparing an assault. Their army green blouses
      are crisscrossed with buds.

      The General read the report and looked at me with a sad smile.
      "No one can know this, and live." He turned to his adjutant, and
      softly said, "Prepare the firing squad."

      Pete Sierra