#4453 - Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - Editor: Jerry Katz

  • Jerry K
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2011
       #4453 - Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      The Nonduality Highlights
      - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NDhighlights

      A Book Called LIFE WITH A HOLE IN IT

      by Vicki Woodyard

      Someone asked me to tell them about my book, LIFE WITH A HOLE IN IT. It was written during the almost five-year period when my husband was suffering from multiple myeloma, a fatal cancer. Since our daughter had also died of cancer as a child, the terror and grief which struck me on hearing his diagnosis was monumental. It erased every spiritual teaching I had so carefully collected. Let that sink in....

      In September of 2010 I published it and felt I had completed the final leg of the journey. I had gone from shattered to peaceful, from darkness to light. Not that a human being ever has a total healing, for the journey is a spiral one. My essence is very private; my writing style is wide open. I think this gives what I do balance in some essential sense.

      Yesterday I posted a picture of Bob on a Facebook Note. His love has survived; he is about His Father's business "somewhere out there." But as the Sufis tells us, we are the outermost out and the innermost in. So he is also "in here."

      Because of him asking me to find my passion before he died, I now have a reason to get up in the morning. Words fall from my fingers like crazy. I let them say what they need to say; I am just here for the mechanical part of the process.

      People say the book is moving. I fell apart and came back together innumerable times. What sustained me? Whatever sustains anyone during hard times; I had no choice in any of it. Love is something that happens; death is something that happens. My book happened and I love that it did.

      If you feel the urge to order it, please do. Something this important shouldn't go unread. Something this small shouldn't be overlooked. My friend Marisela has told me to think big, so I am asking for everyone to help me spread the word. It's on amazon. I sell it from home as an ebook or paperback. Take your pick, but take it :) It would make some guy with a halo very happy. His birthday would have been tomorrow.

      http://www.amazon.com/LIFE-HOLE-Thats-Wisdom-Awakened/dp/1609102770/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1300842477&sr=8-1

      From Leslie Read

      " Dear All...Buy this book...it is simply one of the most amazing. There are literally none on my shelves to compare it to...and I have a few ND books. This one reads of the sweet and bitter in all our humanness from the depths of a divine View. Treat yourself to this Gift.

      --
      Vicki Woodyard
      http://www.booklocker.com/books/4931.html

      Ajja: The Power of Silence

      http://www.stillnessspeaks.com/ssblog/ajja-the-power-of-silence/

      In this wordless video - highlights of a healing ceremony and feast given by Ajja (A. Rabbi Nithyanandam) who expired in 2007 - one can still receive an intense impression of a remarkable man.

      Ajja spoke no English and yet, his presence was so strong that by his mere mien alone, one knew exactly what he was communicating. He acknowledged Ramana's and Nisargadatta's teachings as the highest truth, both of whom taught through the power of silence.