#4452 - Monday, December 12, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2011

      #4452 - Monday, December 12, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -

      Nothing I say can explain to you Divine Love
      Yet all of creation cannot seem to stop talking about it.

      ~ Rumi.

      Love is seeing
      the unity
      under
      the imaginary
      diversity.

      ~ Nisargadatta

      by Rorayma Gavidia on Facebook

      The whole idea of compassion is based on a keen awareness of the
      interdependence of all these living beings, which are all part of one
      another, and all involved in one another.

      ~ Thomas Merton

      So instead of loving what you think is peace, love other [people] and love
      God above all. And instead of hating the people you think are
      warmongers, hate the appetites and the disorder in your own soul, which
      are the causes of war. If you love peace, then hate injustice, hate
      tyranny, hate greed – but hate these things in yourself, not in another.

      ~ Thomas Merton

      Don't look for peace. Don't look for any other state than the one you are
      in now; otherwise, you will set up inner conflict and unconscious
      resistance.

      Forgive yourself for not being at peace. The moment you completely
      accept your non-peace, your non-peace becomes transmuted into peace.
      Anything you accept fully will get you there, will take you into peace. This
      is the miracle of surrender.

      When you accept what is, every moment is the best moment. That is
      enlightenment.

      ~ Eckhart Tolle

      by Tony Cartledge on Facebook

      Full Moon Over The Miles River ~ Far Away Point, Maryland
      by Peter Shefler

      The truth is that a whole new state of consciousness already exists, that
      every part of your experience that’s unfolding right now is already
      enclosed within absolute stillness, absolute ease. And so there really isn’t
      anywhere to go or anything for which to search. Struggle only gets us
      deeper into the very thing we’re trying to escape. This is a very important
      thing to know about egoic consciousness: The harder we try to get out,
      the deeper we dig ourselves in.

      ~ Adyashanti

      We try to grasp something strange and mysterious because we believe
      happiness lies elsewhere. This is the mistake. The Self is all-pervading.
      Our real nature is liberation, but we imagine that we are bound, we make
      strenuous efforts to become free, although all the while we are free. Birth
      and death pertain only to the body, they are superimposed upon the Self,
      giving rise to the delusion that birth and death relate to the Self. The
      universe exists within the Self. Discover the undying Self and be immortal
      and happy. Be yourself and nothing more. Thoughts change but not you.
      There is neither past nor future; there is only the present. Yesterday was
      the present when you experienced it; tomorrow will also be the present
      when you experience it, therefore, experience takes place only in the
      present, and even the present is mere imagination, for the sense of time
      is purely mental.

      All that is required to realize the Self is to be still. What can be easier than
      that? Your true nature is that of infinite spirit.

      ~ Ramana Maharshi

      by Tom McFerran on Facebook

      by Peter Shefler

      Enlighten your desires.
      Meditate on who you are.
      Quit imagining.

      What you want is profoundly expensive,
      and difficult to find,
      yet closeby.

      Don't search for it.  It is nothing,
      and a nothing within nothing.

      ~ Lalla
        14th Century North Indian mystic

      From "Naked Song" Versions by Coleman Barks
      by Along The Way

      The Ineffable Mystery of Being
      by Rob Matthews

      What I have discovered through my spiritual practice is an increasing
      self-intimacy...a sense of authenticity and real-ness, that has become the
      cornerstone of my daily life. I cannot imagine how I could have lived
      without this living presence and sense of emerging fullness.

      Our awareness is incredibly powerful at enabling the unveiling of
      ourselves, revealing a fuller picture, illuminating our experience, but only
      if we are willing and committed to knowing the fullness of what we are.

      I find as I continue noticing and encountering this awareness in my life
      what comes into view is both particular and vast, discordant yet
      harmonious, life sustaining yet challenging and not necessarily easy. This
      active engagement demands my courage and honesty, this is no walk in
      the park.

      As I continue, the sense of congruence and authenticity begins to sprout
      and this self-intimacy becomes the rule, in time. Although it is not as
      though there is one mode of being, that of self-intimacy, no, it is more
      like that a dance has begun.

      This dance, fueled and enabled by the openness and desire of wanting to
      know myself, is both exhilarating and liberating and, as I develop trust in
      the unfolding, I soon begin to recognize that any ideas or desires for
      Awakening need not concern me....it no longer is of interest as my life
      has filled up with a delicious fragrance of authenticity.

      I no longer care for anything other than supporting what has taken root
      within me…if the self concept or ego continues I don't care, the teachers
      and teachings tell me this and that and I don't care, life is its usual mix of
      struggle and strife, joy and love, and I no longer care...why would I care
      when I know the golden key is within? Why search for anything when the
      very fabric of experience is the path of unfolding. Everyday experience
      reveals this once we get a little more familiar with ourselves and stop
      trying to awaken, stop meddling with our experience long enough to
      notice what is.

      At some stage there was a key realization, one among many, when I
      realized I can let go of all concepts about the teaching and just feel
      comfortable in everyday experience without any framework or concepts
      about how it ought to be. Is their a doer? Is there an ego? Is there an
      awakening? Are we perfect? None of these conceptual frames of
      reference are important. Instead I relax and notice that all that stuff is
      just ideas about...about the ineffable mystery of being.