#4450 - Saturday, December 10, 2011

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2011

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4450, Saturday, December 10, 2011

      Abandon any hope of fruition.

      The key instruction is to stay in the present. Don't get caught up in hopes of what you'll achieve and how good your situation will be some day in the future. What you do right now is what matters.

      - Pema Chodron, from Always Maintain a Joyful Mind, posted to DailyDharma

      As the lotus does not touch the water, so do not let the world enter your heart. Being busy in the world is no trouble unless you are troubled being busy. Then the only trouble is the trouble.

      - Papaji, from The Truth Is, posted to AlongTheWay

      Learn to look without imagination, to listen without distortion: that is all. Stop attributing names and shapes to the essentially nameless and formless, realize that every mode of perception is subjective, that what is seen or heard, touched or smelt, felt or thought, expected or imagined, is in the mind and not in reality, and you will experience peace and freedom from fear.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to Distillation

      "Where shall I look for Enlightenment?"

      "Here."

      "When will it happen?"

      "It is happening right now."

      "Then why don't I experience it?"

      "Because you do not look."

      "What should I look for?"

      "Nothing, just look."

      "At what?"

      "Anything your eyes alight upon."

      "Must I look in a special kind of way?"

      "No. The ordinary way will do."

      "But don't I always look the ordinary way?"

      "No."

      "Why ever not?"

      "Because to look you must be here. You're mostly somewhere else."

      - Anthony de Mello, S.J., posted to The_Now2