#4447 - Wednesday, December 7, 2011 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2011
      #4447 - Wednesday, December 7, 2011 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Wake Up

      This is a film describing a sudden awakening which includes descriptions of energetic spiritual phenomena and which addresses the nondual nature of things. Joan Halifax, Stephen Schwartz, and Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee are some familiar faces in the film.

      An interesting trailer is here:

      Synopsis:

      Jonas Elrod was leading an ordinary life until he woke up one day to a totally new reality. He suddenly could see and hear angels, demons, auras and ghosts.

      The documentary movie WAKE UP follows this fascinating story of an average guy who inexplicably developed the ability to access other dimensions. Physicians gave him a clean bill of health and were unable to provide an explanation. What was it? Why was it happening to him? One thing was certain for this 36-year old man – life as he had known it would never be the same.

      With his loving but skeptical girlfriend by his side, Jonas crisscrosses the country as he searches for answers and delves deeper into this thrilling world of the phenomenal and spiritual. Along the way, he encounters an amazing group of religious teachers, scientists, mystics and spiritual healers who help him piece together this intricate puzzle.

      The film shows how all of us can search inward for our own peace and happiness while contributing towards a positive shift in global consciousness. WAKE UP is a call to consciousness to everyone who sees it; an invitation to accept that there is more to this life than meets the eye.

      Dutch Treat

      http://nonduality.com/dutchtreat.htm

      Excerpt:

      1(20) Sometimes I get a long period of oneness, but then it's followed by a feeling of separation. How does this happen?

      2Separation is a thought, do you see that, 20?

      3No Zil, actually I don’t. I mean, it’s not something I invent, it’s something I perceive, like I perceive this room… and what you say...

      4That’s what you think, but it is not true. There’s this oneness, everything is fine and warm and whatever - and then all of a sudden: ‘separation’…

      5Yes, that’s what happens.

      6Or so it seems. What’s the crux of oneness?

      7Well, absence of separation – or is that just being silly?

      8No, it’s extremely well put in fact. There’s no separation in oneness. So can oneness recognize separation, does separation have any meaning to oneness?

      9No, that doesn’t seem possible...

      10It isn’t. So what can recognize separation, something that doesn’t know about it or something that already knows?

      11The second one, I guess.

      12Right you are again. In order to recognize separation, there first has to arise something in which the seed of separation is already present. Which is you, small you, mule. There has to be the belief in an entity that is separated already and only when that has formed, the experience ‘separation’ can arise. Which means that ‘separation’ is a belief, a thought of this entity – which in its turn consists of a belief called ‘experience’. Thus, separation is a thought of an experience. A belief within a belief.

      13But it doesn’t feel like a thought, and on the face of it it doesn’t feel like ego either!

      14You can see that it must be there first, can’t you?

      15I would have to admit that’s the only answer.

      16So mule is there already, only it has not been recognized as such yet. A moment later it takes the shape of separation and then your good mood is ruined. Do you know how it is possible for mule to already exist in that oneness you talk about?

      17I think I'm scared to find out.

      18You’d better, because it will hurt. It is possible for mule, because the oneness you experience is mule too. It’s an experience, an experience of oneness. That should have made your alarm go off. Every experience is mule, baby.

      19Damn. So there is no oneness?

      20Yes there is, but never as an experience. Realization does not belong to a level, experience does. Experienced oneness may be a side effect of the realization of oneness, but that does not mean experienced oneness is the same as realization. It’s a common mistake of enlightened mules to forget that. And as a result getting attached to this great oneness-experience. Like you are. Separation is a thought, oneness an experience. Both come up. Accept that they do, accept that their appearance does not matter at all. Then you won’t be fooled by them.

      21But… if the experience of oneness isn’t the oneness itself, what’s the point of being realized?

      22None at all for mule. None at all for oneness either, because oneness cannot become more one by realization. The realization that you want, the goodies that you expect – they are all part of muleworld. And muleworld will never become one, because it only exists by the grace of separation. Seeming separation, because all is one and will remain so no matter if you realize that or not. That’s why I say nothing changes with realization. There’s only experience, and experience does not exist...

      Order Dutch Treat as an e-book here:

      http://nonduality.com/dutchtreat.htm