#4446 - Tuesday, December 6, 2011 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2011
      #4446 - Tuesday, December 6, 2011 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Happy Birthday to Highlights Editor Gloria Lee (left) and to former Highlights Editor Christiana Duranczyk, right hand person on the journey to nonduality.

      Happy birthday to both you. You are the two most influential women in the marathon run to control the world of nonduality. Or maybe its a run away from the world of nonduality. Either way, I wish you a very happy day, and thank you for being in our lives. It's a deep honor and gift to know both of you. Just imagine, we knew each other in our 40s. And now we're all 39. We could only have achieved that through our profound understanding of spirituality, quantum entanglement, and the nondual reality of things and mainly because of all the beer we drank.

      I love you both,

      Jerry

      The following letter was received:

      I've written an article recently, 'Shaving Science With Ockham's Razor" which is posted at the integralworld.net website.  It is aimed primarily at skeptics, but incorporates practices and ideas from both the Advaita and Buddhist traditions, as well as ideas from Owen Barfield, Alan Wallace and Sri Aurobindo (yes, I know that Sri Aurobindo's "purna advaita" is often not considered legitimate in the nonduality community, but... well, more on that another time:>)).

      Jan (my wife) and I are currently working on a series of videos illustrating the ideas in the "Shaving Science" essay, and are looking for people who might be interested in trying out some of the practices and give us constructive feedback (or come up with new ones!).

      The Shaving Science essay is at www.integralworld.net/salmon3.html

      A commentary by philosopher David Lane is posted at www.integralworld.net/lane27.html.

      There is also a follow-up essay, "Shaving Visser, Goswami, Lane and Carter with Ockham's Razor, at www.integralworld.net/salmon4.html

      Thanks so much for any suggestions, and keep up the good work!

      Best,
      Don

      PS: a tad bit more on that Sri Aurobindo comment above - we (jan and I) wrote a book, "Yoga Psychology and the Transformation of Consciousness: Seeing Through the Eyes of Infinity"). The first 5 chapters cover many of the ideas in the "Shaving Science" essay - the main theme being that no scientific finding requires a materialistic foundation, and non scientific finding precludes the possibility of consciousness as a causal factor.  The rest of the book lays out Sri Aurobindo's "psycho-cosmological" vision, in a way we think is fully compatible with the best of physics, evolutionary biology and neuroscience.  I've had discussions with many who feel that Sri Aurobindo's vision is in opposition to non-duality, and generally have found that the opposition is based on a misunderstanding of what he was saying.  I hope when we post our videos on the net next year, we'll be able to start an online conversation about this.  I think it ties in with much that is "transformational" in the world today - from Occupy Wall Street to the Arab spring, and much much more.  well, enough for now...:>))

      "If the fifth dimension truly exists, as suggested by recent sub-atomic particle experiments,
      amongst multiple dimensions, the implications of this discovery go beyond time travel and are truly
      colossal."

      I've been saying this---I called it HDI theory (Higher Dimensional Interaction)---on YouTube for a couple of years now, ironically, it was just days prior to my awakening:

      - Quantum Entanglement Solved in Under Two Minutes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXuVsSawQVQ

      - Mystery of Quantum Entanglement Solved (Details): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbTuFFr61Qk