#4442 - Friday, December 2, 2011 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2011

      #4442 - Friday, December 2, 2011 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      "The general principle of temporal cause and effect would be disrupted, replacing the concept of time-imposed consequential duality with the notion of underlying non-duality or unity consciousness. ... 'Omnia vivunt, omnia inter se conexa' or 'Everything is alive, everything is interconnected,' as Cicero proclaimed in Rome, half a century prior to the birth of Christ."

      -from the article below

      Time Machine: Faster Than Light & Fifth Dimension

      London, UK - 14th November 2011, 12:35 GMT

      Dear ATCA Open & Philanthropia Friends

      [Please note that the views presented by individual contributors are not necessarily representative
      of the views of ATCA, which is neutral. ATCA conducts collective Socratic dialogue on global
      opportunities and threats.]

      Albert Einstein is considered to be the father of modern physics. His theory of relativity is the
      building block on which our scientific understanding of how things move in the four dimensions of
      space-and-time rests. Our physical bodies and material universe exist within that same space-time
      continuum. Some weeks ago, the scientific community received word that Einstein might have been
      wrong!

      Flawed Assumption?

      Many scientists, including Einstein in 1905, had assumed that certain forces or particles or waves
      -- including light and radio -- travel at a certain fixed speed in a vacuum, relative to the
      observer. And that nothing can travel faster than that. It was inspired guesswork, backed up as
      usual by elaborate mathematical formulae. Out of that basic assumption, Einstein and other
      "experts" concluded that the fastest thing of all was photons, which they referred to as "the speed
      of light." Light, they collectively stated, can travel at 299,792 kilometres per second or 186,282
      miles per second, and nothing in the entire cosmos can outrun it.

      First Time Machine?

      In recent weeks, physicists at the CERN laboratory in Geneva, Switzerland, report they have
      discovered subatomic particles called neutrinos that do travel faster than light. In fact, they
      travel so fast, they may be able to get to a destination before they even left! Specifically,
      scientists working on Italy’s OPERA experiment at CERN clocked the neutrinos as travelling faster
      than the speed of light. The Large Hadron Collider at CERN could well be the world’s first time
      machine!

      Ghost Particles

      Neutrinos are subatomic particles with a mass close to zero. Scientists began looking at time
      travel several years ago to explain anomalies that had been observed in several experiments with
      neutrinos. Neutrinos are nicknamed ghost particles because they react so rarely with ordinary
      matter. For example, trillions of neutrinos hit our bodies every second, yet we don’t notice them
      because they zip through without apparently affecting us.

      What are the Implications?

      All great revolutionary discoveries in science started out with an unexpected discrepancy that
      wouldn't go away. So if neutrinos are capable of superluminal -- faster than light -- motion, then
      what are the implications of this for science and society in the 21st century?

      1. Einstein’s special theory of relativity would then be null and void. It would need to be
      replaced by a new theory: one that encompasses faster than light travel. Einstein's relativity
      states that whether an object is at rest or in motion is highly subjective to the perspective of
      the person viewing that object and also that the speed of light is a constant, physical barrier and
      that to surpass it would take an infinite amount of energy. CERN's neutrino experiments are
      challenging some of those basic assumptions.

      2. This would open the door for time travel -- up until now, the domain of fantasy and science
      fiction! Although neutrinos couldn’t generate the kind of energy for human time travel but
      scientists predict that they could carry some sort of message that might be encoded into them and
      then they would be able to take that message with them and it could arrive in the past, technically
      before it was written, bringing us to the next possibility:

      3. The general principle of temporal cause and effect would be disrupted, replacing the concept of
      time-imposed consequential duality with the notion of underlying non-duality or unity
      consciousness. The corollaries of this scientific sea-change are phenomenal and it may well be that
      our perceived reality influences the underlying unified reality reflexively. These herald a new era
      beyond Newton and Einstein. What we think and imagine has a fundamental consequence upon events and
      may be as germane to them as our actions. Perhaps our intentions, aspirations and observations, are
      not simply a prelude, but actually influence the present scene and final outcome. What Heisenberg's
      uncertainty principle was alluding to may only be the tip of the iceberg as far as a deeper
      understanding of our relationships is concerned, which is yet to come. "Omnia vivunt, omnia inter
      se conexa" or "Everything is alive, everything is interconnected," as Cicero proclaimed in Rome,
      half a century prior to the birth of Christ.

      4. The standard model of particle physics would need to be adjusted to incorporate superluminal
      particles in the near future.

      5. One explanation for how neutrinos are able to travel faster than the speed of light is that they
      are not actually travelling in a straight line, but hopping into one of the separate dimensions
      predicted in String Theory, which acts as a kind of shortcut. It is postulated that neutrinos may
      travel through a fifth dimension beyond the four of space-and-time!

      God Particle and Time Machine

      One of the major goals of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) in Switzerland is to find the elusive
      "God Particle" or Higgs boson: the particle that physicists invoke to explain why particles like
      protons, neutrons and electrons have mass. If the collider succeeds in producing the Higgs boson,
      some scientists predict that it will create a second particle, called the Higgs singlet, at the
      same time. According to quantum physics, these singlets should have the ability to jump into an
      extra, fifth dimension where they can move either forward or backward in time and reappear in the
      future or past. “One of the attractive things about this approach to time travel is that it avoids
      all the big paradoxes,” according to Prof Thomas Weiler at Vanderbilt, “Because time travel is
      limited to these special particles, it is not possible for a man to travel back in time... before
      he himself is born, for example. However, if scientists could control the production of Higgs
      singlets, they might be able to send messages to the past or the future.”

      M-Theory

      M-theory is a “theory of everything.” A small cadre of theoretical physicists have developed
      M-theory to the point that it can accommodate the properties of all the known subatomic particles
      and forces, including gravity, but it points to 10 or 11 dimensions instead of our familiar four.
      This has led to the suggestion that our universe may be like a four-dimensional membrane or “brane”
      floating in a multi-dimensional space-time continuum called the “bulk.” No wonder we are unable to
      make sense of our world and our place within it on so many occasions!

      Sterile neutrinos are less detectable than regular neutrinos because they interact only with the
      gravitational force. As a result, sterile neutrinos are another particle that is not attached to
      the "brane" and so should be capable of travelling through those extra dimensions. Sterile
      neutrinos travel faster than light by taking shortcuts through extra dimensions. According to
      Einstein’s general theory of relativity, there are certain conditions where travelling faster than
      the speed of light is equivalent to travelling backwards in time. This has led quantum physicists
      into the realm of time travel.

      Conclusion

      A lot of confirmations need to be made before the extraordinary claims made by CERN's OPERA
      experiment of faster-than-light neutrinos are accepted as true. As Carl Sagan once said,
      "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

      As Prof Heinrich Päs at Dortmund proposes, "Even if true, this result neither proves Einstein wrong
      nor implies that causality has to be violated and time travel is possible. Things can move faster
      than the speed of light without violating Einstein if either the speed of light is not the limiting
      velocity as one can observe it ... or space-time could be warped in a way so that neutrinos can
      take a shortcut without really being faster than the speed of light. As our three space plus one
      time dimensions look pretty flat, this would require an extra dimension, the fifth dimension."

      If the fifth dimension truly exists, as suggested by recent sub-atomic particle experiments,
      amongst multiple dimensions, the implications of this discovery go beyond time travel and are truly
      colossal. The new scientific discovery may yet herald the dawn of a new age in the 21st century
      where a number of pre-conceived notions are likely to be superseded by new rules of engagement and
      acknowledgement of hitherto hidden sensitivities. This new scientific understanding may well pave
      the way for a quantum step change in our civilisation's approach and behaviour.

      On the human scale, as science implies that we are all resonating within an interconnected
      vibrational energy web, does not the very concept of what is "personal" -- as in thoughts -- come
      into question? If we exist within one highly subtle, inter-permeable, and inter-responsive matrix,
      what should be the new rules of our engagement? Should thoughts and words be elevated to a similar
      status to actions? Should harbouring negativity be considered civilised? Will these new scientific
      discoveries herald an age of greater personal responsibility, as we endeavour to attune more
      sensitively our "selves" to the greater social, economic and political fabric into which we are
      enfolded together?

      We welcome your thoughts, observations and views. To reflect further on this subject and others,
      please respond within Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn's ATCA Open and related discussion platform of
      HQR. Should you wish to connect directly with real time Twitter feeds, please click as appropriate:

      . ATCA Open

      . @G140

      . mi2g Intelligence Unit

      . Open HQR

      . DK Matai

      Best wishes

      DK Matai, Chairman, Asymmetric Threats Contingency Alliance (ATCA) & The Philanthropia