#4439 - Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2011
      #4439 - Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      All the Highlights editors at one time or another have quoted Van Morrison's lyrics. He's the guy who wrote and sang Brown Eyed Girl and who wrote the song Gloria, among many other recognizable hits.

      This lyric hasn't yet been quoted in the Highlights. I've included a link to him singing it on YouTube.

      Enlightenment

      by Van Morrison

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWjh6I9T8Ao&feature=related

      Chop that wood
      Carry water
      What's the sound of one hand clapping
      Enlightenment, don't know what it is

      Every second, every minute
      It keeps changing to something different
      Enlightenment, don't know what it is
      Enlightenment, don't know what it is
      It says it's non attachment
      Non attachment. Non attachment

      I'm in the here and now, and I'm meditating
      And still I'm suffering but that's my problem
      Enlightenment, don't know what it is

      Wake up

      Enlightenment says the world is nothing
      Nothing but a dream, everything's an illusion
      And nothing is real

      Good or bad baby
      You can change it anyway you want
      You can rearrange it
      Enlightenment, don't know what it is
      Chop that wood
      And carry water
      What's the sound of one hand clapping
      Enlightenment, don't know what it is

      All around baby. You can see
      You're making your own reality everyday because
      Enlightenment, don't know what it is

      One more time

      Enlightenment. don't know what it is
      It's up to you
      Enlightenment. don't know what it is
      It's up to you everyday
      Enlightenment, don't know what it is
      It's always up to you
      Enlightenment, don't know what it is

      ~ ~ ~

      Personally, I like Brown Eyed Girl better, but here are other Highlights issues featuring Van Morrison: