#4433 - Monday, November 21, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2011

      #4433 - Monday, November 21, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      No words can describe it
      No example can point to it
      Samsara does not make it worse
      Nirvana does not make it better
      It has never been born
      It has never ceased
      It has never been liberated
      It has never been deluded
      It has never existed
      It has never been nonexistent
      It has no limits at all
      It does not fall into any kind of category

      ~The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying
      Sogyal Rinpoche
      by Jacque Collier on Facebook

      If you want to awaken all of humanity, then awaken all of yourself. If you
      want to eliminate the suffering in the world, then eliminate all that is dark and
      negative in yourself. Truly, the greatest gift you have to give is that of your
      own self-transformation.

      ~ Lao Tzu
      by Lee Bron on Facebook

      Faith is a state of openness or trust. To have faith is like when you trust
      yourself to the water. You don't grab hold of the water when you swim,
      because if you do you will become stiff and tight in the water, and sink. You
      have to relax, and the attitude of faith is the very opposite of clinging, and
      holding on. In other words, a person who is fanatic in matters of religion, and
      clings to certain ideas about the nature of God and the universe becomes a
      person who has no faith at all. Instead they are holding tight. But the attitude
      of faith is to let go, and become open to truth, whatever it might turn out to
      be.

      ~ Alan Watts

      Along The Way

      Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the
      road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases
      to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.

      ~ Sri Nisargadatta

      by Kiki Bakshi on Facebook

      Do not undervalue attention.  It means interest
      and also love.  To know, to do, to discover, or
      to create you must give your heart to it - which
      means attention.  All the blessings flow from it.

      ~ Nisargadatta Maharaj

      Along The Way

      All religions, all this singing, one song.
      The differences are just illusion and vanity.
      The sun's light looks a little different on this wall than it does on that wall,
      and a lot different on this other one, but it's still One Light.

      ~ Rumi

      photo by Alan Larus

      This Only

      A valley and above it forests in autumn colors.
      A voyager arrives, a map leads him there.
      Or perhaps memory. Once long ago in the sun,
      When snow first fell, riding this way
      He felt joy, strong, without reason,
      Joy of the eyes. Everything was the rhythm
      Of shifting trees, of a bird in flight,
      Of a train on the viaduct, a feast in motion.
      He returns years later, has no demands.
      He wants only one, most precious thing:
      To see, purely and simply, without name,
      Without expectations, fears, or hopes,
      At the edge where there is no I or not-I.

      ~ Czeslaw Milosz

      (The Collected Poems, 1931-1987, trans. by Robert Hass)

      Rupert Spira: Presence

      This absolute intimacy of pure experiencing is what we call love. It is the
      absence of distance, separation or otherness. There is no room for two there.
      Love is the experience of pure non-duality.
      ~ Rupert Spira

      Volume I of Presence is arranged in six sections in which Rupert explores, and
      invites us to explore, our true nature, the nature of peace, happiness and love,
      the origin of the separate self, the body, the world and experience. Gently, yet
      remorselessly, concepts and misconceptions are dissolved until it is seen that
      there is only Presence 'simultaneously being and knowing itself' - and we are
      no different from that Presence. Read an extract from Rupert's new book, as
      well as a letter of gratitude from Chris Hebard.
      Click here to read an extract from Presence Volume I.