#4429 - Thursday, November 17, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17 11:53 AM

      #4429 - Thursday, November 17, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      To follow buddha completely means you do not have your old views. To hit
      the mark completely means you have no new nest in which to settle.
      ~ Dogen
      Excerpted from Moon in a Dewdrop

      I have come to the liberating conclusion that I don't know a damned thing. I
      avoid all disputation for that very reason. I just post things that resonate with
      me and my current situation.

      ~ Tony Cartledge on Facebook

      "No [the final understanding isn't an illusion], isn’t [the final understanding]
      right now? You say it’s illusion, but you miss out on the basic point. It’s right
      now, in this immediacy, you are. That’s the final understanding. You can’t get
      away from this now. People say you have to try to stay in the now. Realize
      you can’t get out of it. You can never get away from it. Only conceptually.
      This is always the actuality. This moment is the livingness. This is the only
      time anybody will ever live. Right now."

      by Wayne Ferguson in Nonduality Highlights group on Facebook

      You are not "in the now"; you are the now. That is your essential identity--the
      only thing that never changes. Life is always now. Now is consciousness. And
      consciousness is who you are. That's the equation.
      ~ Eckhart Tolle
      by Tony Cartledge on Facebook

      by Alan Larus

      The gift never given
      I can give you a dried flower to keep forever in your scrapbook of ideas,
      or I can show you a field where they fleetingly dance with the wind...
      but can never be kept.
      Truth dies each moment,
      rather than become a withered and eternal lie.
      ~ Peter Baker
      ~  ~  ~
      A picture of IT
      You wonder what IT is.
      IT is completely obvious and totally unavoidable.
      Whatever you are seeing through your eyes – that is what IT looks like.
      Whatever you can hear right now – that is what IT sounds like.
      The gentle breeze on your face – that is what IT feels like.
      The aroma of coffee waiting to be sipped – that is the scent of IT.
      The sharp, sweet orange on your tongue – that is the taste of IT.
      IT is appearing as everything, so all descriptions are descriptions of IT,
      and all experiences are experiences of IT.
      So immediate, so clear, is this picture of IT.
      You know exactly what IT is like.
      You know all there is to know of IT, and about IT.
      Yet overlooked is what IT ‘IS’!
      That which is described, that which is experienced.
      Too close to be known.
      That which is not only ‘like’ IT, but ‘is’ IT.
      ~ Peter Baker
      Nonduality Highlights group on Facebook

      I have arrived. That is my insight when I breathe in and make two steps. I
      have arrived, I have arrived. Peacefully, gently, but very determined. We have
      been running for all our life, it is now time to stop. If you are not capable of
      stopping, how can you enjoy touching the earth with your feet? The miracle is
      not to walk on water or on fire, the miracle is to walk on earth, and any one
      of us can perform this miracle. The miracle is to walk on earth, that is a
      statement made by the Zen master Lin Chi, or Rinzai. If you can establish
      yourself in the here and the now, and make a step and touch the wonders of
      life in the here and the now, you are performing the miracle.
      ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
      by Wayne Ferguson in Nonduality Highlights group on Facebook

      truth is too simple for words
      before thought gets tangled up in nouns and
      there is a wordless sound
      a deep breathless sigh
      of overwhelming relief
      to find the end of fiction
      in this ordinary
      yet extraordinary moment
      when words are recognized
                as words
      and truth is recognized
                          as everything else
      ~ Nirmala

      Ramana Maharshi
      Nothing exists except the one reality. There is no birth or death, no projection
      or drawing in, no sadhaka (aspirant), no mumukshu (one who desires to be
      liberated), no mukta (one who is liberated), no bondage, no liberation. The
      One Unity alone exists forever.
      ~ Gems from Bhagavan, Chp. 2