#4422 - Thursday, November 10, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10 6:03 PM

      #4422 - Thursday, November 10, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      If you want to understand it, you cannot understand it. When you give up
      trying to understand it, true understanding is always there.
      ~ Shunryu Suzuki
      Where should I seek knowledge? In the abandonment of knowledge.
      ~ Rumi
      When your discernment penetrates to the four quarters
      Are you capable of not knowing anything?
      ~ Lao Tzu
      Mysteries are not to be solved.
      The eye goes blind when it only wants to see why.
      ~ Rumi

      Ascetics wander shrine to shrine,
      looking for what can only come
      from visiting the soul.
      Study the mystery you embody.
      When you look up from that,
      the dub grass looks fresher
      a little ways off, and even more
      green farther on. Stay here.
      ~ Lalla

      The soul which cannot endure fire and smoke won't find the Secret.
      ~ Rumi
      by Tony Cartledge on Facebook

      First something happens inwardly and then it happens outwardly. Where we
      make our mistake is in giving the word “outwardly” too much power. We
      begin to hope for outward results and that is the very essence of sleep.
      This morning I woke up imbued with a physical ecstasy. I brought it in here
      to the keyboard to share with all of you. From whence did this ecstasy arise?
      It can only come from the mystery of being alive and present. Now my fingers
      of flame are burning up the keyboard in the mystery of inner connection with
      the outer.
      There is a book called Daughter of Fire, written by Irina Tweedie. Some of
      you know it well. One person has had the privilege of sitting with Mrs.
      Tweedie. Her book is huge; my mother said I was probably one of the few
      people who read it word for word. Heck, I have read and reread it,
      underscoring passages, pondering the mystery....
      My life has been licking at my feet for a long time now; but so has yours. We
      are only, as Elton John said, candles in the wind. This is monumentally
      difficult to grasp because our fingers get burned in the very attempt. Fire is
      dangerous and all-consuming.
      If we know that we are fire, what can we do with that sure knowledge? For
      one thing, we can remember that we are also water.
      "Book knowledge is useful to some extent. There are books written by
      enlightened people, scriptures, and so on. On the level of the mind you will
      accept this and reject that. But to verify what is written, one has to realize.
      Then one will know the truth, absolutely, only then. But until this happens,
      one has to be content with books." ~ Bhai Sahib, speaking to Irina Tweedie
      Vicki Woodyard

      The Truth stands before me
      On my left is a blazing fire, and
      On my right, a cool flowing stream.
      One group of people walk toward the fire, into the fire
      And the other towards the cool flowing waters.
      No one knows which is blessed and which is not.
      But just as someone enters the fire
      That head bobs up from the water
      And just as a head sinks into the water
      That face appears in the fire.
      Those who love the sweet water of pleasure
      And make it their devotion are
      Cheated by this reversal.
      The deception goes further.
      The voice of the fire says :
      "I am not fire, I am fountainhead
      Come into me and don’t mind the sparks."
      ~ Bernard Guy on Facebook

      It is always my wish that you might find enough patience within yourself to
      endure, and enough innocence to have faith. It is my wish that you might
      gain more and more trust in whatever is difficult for you, in your aloneness,
      among other things.
      Allow life to happen to you. Believe me, life is right in all cases.
      — Rainer Maria Rilke
      by ONE LOVE  ONE HEART  ONE VISION  community on Facebook
      Thanks to Belle Heywood

      So simple, so stunning....Francis Lucille:
      "We all have the deep intuition that the ultimate reality of everything is
      eternal. Nothing comes out of nothing, and nothing vanishes into nothing.
      Since there is something rather than nothing, there has been and always will
      be something. The French chemist Lavoisier once said: "Nothing gets created,
      nothing gets lost." Krishna in the B. G. says it much better: "That which is
      never ceases to be, that which is not never comes into being." The ultimate
      reality of what we are as sentient beings, that which really perceives, the
      consciousness or awareness we are was never born and never dies."
      ~ Francis Lucille
      by Christopher Hebard on Facebook