#4416 - Thursday, November 3, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2011
      #4416 - Thursday, November 3, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      "Observe the wonders as they occur around you. Don't claim them. Feel the
      artistry moving through and be silent."
      ~ Rumi
      by Christopher Hebard on Facebook

      Nothing in the world
      is as soft and yielding as water.
      Yet for dissolving the hard and inflexible,
      nothing can surpass it.
      The soft overcomes the hard;
      the gentle overcomes the rigid.
      Everyone knows this is true,
      but few can put it into practice.
      Therefore the Master remains
      serene in the midst of sorrow.
      Evil cannot enter his heart.
      Because he has given up helping,
      he is people's greatest help.
      True words seem paradoxical.
      ~ Tao Te Ching
      by Tim Gerchmez on Facebook

      by Roy Grillo on Facebook

      The Way In
      Sometimes the way to milk and honey is through the body.
      Sometimes the way in is a song.
      But there are three ways in the world: dangerous, wounding,
      and beauty.
      To enter stone, be water.
      To rise through hard earth, be plant
      desiring sunlight, believing in water.
      To enter fire, be dry.
      To enter life, be food.
      ~ Linda Hogan ~
      (Rounding the Human Corners)

      When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to
      us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving much advice,
      solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our
      wounds with a gentle and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us
      in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief
      and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and
      face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.
      ~ Henri Nouwen
      by Pema Mags Deane on Facebook

      Somehow your story, my story, the story of the particular place you find
      yourself in as you read this—all stories—have conspired to bring us together
      in this moment to receive one another.
      And each story in its uniqueness is coming from that which is universal.
      You are the freedom, you are the truth, you are the peace, you are the
      luminosity that animates your story and every story in your consciousness,
      known and unknown.
      I meet you here. I celebrate you here.
      ~ Gangaji
      by Rashani Rea on Facebook

      "Compassion is the keen awareness of the interdependence of all things."
      ~Thomas Merton
      by anipachen on  Daily Dharma

      It's sheer illusion
      to try to separate