#4409 - Thursday, October 27, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2011

      #4409 - Thursday, October 27, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      You Know Who I Am

      I cannot follow you, my love,
      you cannot follow me.
      I am the distance you put between
      all of the moments that we will be.
      You know who I am,
      you've stared at the sun,
      well I am the one who loves
      changing from nothing to one.

      ~ Leonard Cohen
      posted by Peter Baker on Facebook

      Just Be

      But before the sun entered me,
      The sun was in me-
      also the cloud and the river.
      Before I entered the river, I was already in it.
      There has not been a moment
      When we have not inter-been.
      Therefore you know
      That as long as you continue to breathe,
      I continue to be in you.

      ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

      by Enea Bozeglav on Facebook

      One time, Zen Master Seung Sahn said: I don't teach Korean or Mahayana or
      Zen. I don't even teach Buddhism. I only teach don't know. Fifty years here
      and there teaching only don't know. So only don't know, okay?

      by Tom Thompson on Facebook
      Calligraphy by Jakusho Kwang, Roshi

      More important than the quest for certainty is the quest for clarity.

      ~ Francois Gautier
      by Tony Cartledge on Facebook

      When you truly feel this equal love for all, when your heart has expanded so
      much that it embraces the whole of creation, you will certainly not feel like
      giving up this or that. You will simply drop off from secular life as a ripe fruit
      drops from the branch of a tree. You will feel that the whole world is your
      home.

      ~ Ramana Maharshi

      Japanese Autumn Anemones In Sunset Light
      photo by Peter Shefler

      Even a stone, and more easily a flower or a bird, could show you the way
      back to God, to the Source, to yourself. When you look at it or hold it & let it
      be without imposing a word or mental label on it, a sense of awe, of wonder,
      arises within you. Its essence silently communicates itself to you and reflects
      your own essence back to you.

      ~ Eckhart Tolle

      All your talk is worthless
      When compared to one whisper!!!

      ~ Rumi

      by Sandra Ma on Facebook

      "A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song."
      ~ Lou Holtz

      A Buddha is a person who has no more business to do and isn’t looking for
      anything.  In doing nothing, in simply stopping, we can live freely and true to
      ourselves and our liberation will contribute to the liberation of all beings.

      ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

      by Tony Cartledge on Facebook

      The sounds of the stream
      splash out